Leds Designation

Vitel

Website
vminko.org
I see we have 8 leds on the final unit, but there're only 6 on the rendering (SD1, SD2, WiFi, BT, PW, Batt). What do the 2 remaining leds indicate?

They are just empty pads, like for modding purposes...

96gehj.jpg

Wait, they're empty? I thought they contained 2 general-purpose LEDs...

Alec  said:
They are not empty, according to this: http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MWeston_2007/different_lights.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alec  said:
i don't freakin know, I'm too exited to care right now anyway...
just wait for a dev to answer :)

edit: ninja'd
Vitel said:
They are not empty, according to this: http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MWeston_2007/different_lights.jpg
i thought MWeston soldered those on...?
he was just playing around, remember?

I really do hope they have at least one general purpose LED, as I was wanting to use one as an indicator of a new instant message/email/tweet, etc.

I'm not brave enough to try my soldering skills on a new toy.

musicalwoods said:
I really do hope they have at least one general purpose LED, as I was wanting to use one as an indicator of a new instant message/email/tweet, etc.

That is a EXCELLENT idea! (use a "spare" LED as an indicator for new msg, email or whatever!
THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!

musicalwoods said:

that is a really good idea I would rather have a light ton notify me rather a annoying (and sometime startling notify sound)
XD

As I've mentioned (in passing) before, if there was a led free, I'd use it not just to notify me of new messages.
No, I'd use it to blink RSS feeds in Morse at me.

Back