Left Nub Woe

Zor Prime

My left nub has not ever acted completely right from the get-go.

It works, just shoddy in comparison to the right nub which is perfection.

It has a gritty feedback feel when moving it in a circular fashion in the bottom left corner. You can rotate the nub in the bottom left corner area back and forth and it feels like the nub is rubbing up against something.

I took Craig's advice from a previous comment he made about blowing air into the nub hole. I don't have a can of compressed air on hand, but I did drive up to my folks who have an air compressor in their garage. ;) This didn't seem to make much of a change at all, and I blew air into the hole off and on for about a half hour with little change while rotating the nub around.

It just 'seems' that if whatever is in the rotational path of the nub would break off it would actually be fine, but I have no proof that would be the case.

Rotating the left nub around makes a hell of a crickle crackle noise in comparison to the right nub, which does make this noise, but barely audible compared to the left nub.

After screwing around with this left nub, rebooting it and rotating it in a circular motion attempting to recalibrate the nub I can eventually get it to a functioning mode where it behaves mostly fine. But the cursor on the screen moves slow as moles-asses to the bottom left or bottom right. Rarely both at the same time, it seems to switch off on being a bitch going to the bottom left or bottom right. Left to right, and any directional motion northward usually is fine.

So is there any 'ancient Chinese sekrit' I can do or am I relegated to sending it back to England? I can mostly 'deal' with it but the intense annoyance factor isn't going away, and when I actually get around to playing a game that requires the left nub I am probably guaranteed to lose my sanity.

Sorry to hear of your woe. This wont help.....but invaded my thoughts..

Nicky: Good luck with the nipple rubbing!

Nipples: [rubbing nipples] I don't need luck! I'm gooood!

:rolleyes:

Check the Support sections tweaks thread and if all fails then you sadly may have an RMA on your hands. I hope not. :)

I can sort of understand that. My right nub is a little strange. Won't allow me to hold a click in and many times it makes double clicks or nothing at all. >_<

How does the sending back work out anyway? do i need to pay for shipping both ways?

afaik opt takes care of all shipping charges for warranty units

DaMummy, that's not true. I've had to send mine in from the USA and opt only covered shipping back to me.

DaMummy, that's not true. I've had to send mine in from the USA and opt only covered shipping back to me.
Did you ask if they covered shipping both ways or just assume since they didn't automatically reimburse you that they didn't? Because I'm positive there have been others that reported they covered shipping both ways. Maybe it's only from certain countries and across the pond isn't included.

Back