Release Letter-O-Mania (LoM)

Hi there,

I just released a game I started soon after I ordered my pandora several years ago as a small test. As I waited I added a few more features over time but most of the time I forgot about the game. Some days ago I had some time, polished the game a little bit and uploaded it to the repo. At first I wanted to release it for the coding competition but after the open source vs. closed source discussion and the fact that I had much more time than others I thought it would be best to just upload it to the repo.

The game is about finding words in bunch of letters to gain points and I created it with the board game "Boggle" in mind. There is a highscore list where you can submit your best overall score. The biggest disadvantage is the small dictionary I used as a database, so the chances that you find a word that is not recognized is not that small. Because of this there exists the possibility to make word suggestions that I can gather and distribute as update later on.

Well, I hope you like it and happy 2013.

tl;dr If you find bugs / have improvements, please let me know :)

edit: here is the link http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=letter-o-mania.c-entertainment.1000

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks interesting! I'll surely give this a try!

Why not submit it to the coding compo? The fact that you had more time than others is not really true, there could be other people who have such "secret pet projects" ;) And the result of the open source vs closed source discussion was that anything can be submitted, so I don't see the problem there...

Why not submit it to the coding compo? The fact that you had more time than others is not really true, there could be other people who have such "secret pet projects"  ;) And the result of the open source vs closed source discussion was that anything can be submitted, so I don't see the problem there...
Maybe others have such secret projects, that's true, but not all of them do. I guess most of the competitors code just for this event. But I just thought I would not really "fit" into that competition because I would have released my game anyway and I don't really want any of the prices. And I don't want to add the logo to the game :) So it's good as it is now.

By the way: If somebody plays this game a bit, I would like to know about balancing issues as well because I don't really know how this game evolves over time. Thanks for playing!

Back