Libcastor 0.2

Orkie

Super Duper Mega GP Mania
Website
www.gp2x.dev
Updated! Since the last release, I have added 8bit paletted mode support, alpha blending, colour key inversion and colour key transparency. Also available now is some stuff for the RTC. I have changed the framebuffer interface slightly: it now is accessed through lc_fb0 and lc_fb1 rather than plain fb0 and fb1, to avoid naming conflicts with your own code. I have also hidden the internal buffer pointers now because there was no point to them being accessible anyway. The colour key stuff isn't tested because I don't know how my 16bit colour values get converted to 24bit internally, but it should all work.

Next to work on: fixing double buffer and implementing some kind of wait for vsync :).

http://archive.gp2xwiz.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,19,13

I have started to write some documentation, it can be found over at the Wiz Wiki, in the "Development tutorials" section.

Got vertical flipping and wait for vsync working ready for 0.3 now (if anybody else wants to add support for something, feel free) :).

Awesome news Orkie. I didn't have time to play around with 0.2, but I'm glad you implemented timer support. Vsync will be great, looking forward to 0.3 :)

By the way, is it true that in newer firmwares GPH will switch the screen mode to 240x320 by default? If so, won't this damage performance for apps that use SDL, which works with 320x240 and will have to redraw the SDL screen to the framebuffer pixel by pixel every flip?

Edit: must have overlooked this, hardware alpha blending!

Hi there!

I'm new to Wiz developing and libcastor looks like a really nice library. I've got one suggestion:

Can you add CODE
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif
to your header file?

When do you think 0.3 will be ready?

Back