Little John Running Slow, At 60fps??

bast525

Okay... I've been noticing that when I play Little John (NES emu) that most games seem to run just a tad slow. The odd thing is, the FPS meter is reading an almost constant 60 FPS on every game I"ve tried. I've tried playing with all the settings like frame skip and Vsync, and turning off sound and whatnot, and all that ends up happening is it either slows down worse, or has no effect at all.

Was starting to think I was tripping but I started comparing SMB3 on other Emu's (GBA and PC) and sure enough, there is a noticeable speed difference on the GP... running just a bit slower and a little bit choppier. Even though, again, the FPS reads 60.

Well... I guess my question is, is there any way to overclock from within little john? I notice it does show on the menu, that it's running at 133MHz... my BLU has proven stable up into the 160's range... maybe OC'ing it would make it perfect? But, how to do this?

If not, are any of the other NES emu's any better on the GP? How do others compare if at all? I'm particularly interested in Nester, since it seems to be a good running emu on other systems.

castlevania DEFINITELY runs slow on LJ - I have always noticed that. but LJ is the best we've got or ever will have for NES emulation.. so them's the breaks..

i suppose there's a chance that rlyeh will someday release his fNes emu, but barring that, just gotta put up with a little slowness here and there.. it's not so bad though.

Surely someone can mod Little John so we can overclock... They Modded the SNES Emu to go upto 220mhz or something...

Back