Make A Quick Stand For Your Gp2x

Jackie B

Still Fresh
Website
theblog.jacksonboyle.com
down and dirty! I just came back from a short break and was thinking in the hotel how cool it would be if I could have a nice portable stand for my GP2X - you know, for movies or music when I was pottering about the hotel room. Anyway, when we were out shopping, I saw a 100Yen shop (erm, think 50p Shop or Dollar Store) and I went in, thinking I might find a collapsible photo frame or something.

Much better idea! Allan keys! :lol:

Seriously - just get the right sized one, stick the longer end in the recessed screw area, and hey presto! Instant GP2X stand.

links dont work for larger images, but looks quite cool, im a bit dissapointed the 2X cant stand like that on its own, it NEARLY can, but the top makes it a bit too heavy and it falls over.

Those are the... six-sided bolt turner thingys? Nifty.

Talking about the backside of 2X, anyone else have *something* protruding trough the sticker on the back?

If you slide the battery cover open a bit it stands safely enough.

Jarska333 posted on Dec 31 2005 at 03:02 PM said:
Paradox posted on Dec 31 2005 at 04:11 PM said:
a pocket of air?

Seems more solid than that. Right under "a" in "entertainment".

under the letters ERTA is a circular pocket of air, cause the sticker wasnt put on properly, underneath i can feel the top of what seems to be a screw

Last edited by a moderator:
can't u just find anything like a book or salt shaker to lean it against?

one less thing to carry.

Paradox posted on Dec 31 2005 at 08:54 AM said:
Jarska333 posted on Dec 31 2005 at 03:02 PM said:
Paradox posted on Dec 31 2005 at 04:11 PM said:
a pocket of air?

Seems more solid than that. Right under "a" in "entertainment".

under the letters ERTA is a circular pocket of air, cause the sticker wasnt put on properly, underneath i can feel the top of what seems to be a screw

No, it is the dimple where the case comes out of the mold, just a little bit of plastic left over from the casting process, you can see it clearly in some of the early pictures of pre-production units sent to gpain.com for instance (gspain?).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just happened to snag a cheap little flyer stand from a hotel room a couple of years ago (much easier than stealing towels) and it makes a great stand too. I've seen similar ones at Staples for pretty cheap, like a buck.

I own 7, for a portable that's not so bad. But they seem to be concentrating on movies more this year since they're easier and faster to produce.

Back