Making Emulators Appear Under "games" Section

FEARcaanoo

Still Fresh
Is there a way to make my emulators appear under the "games" section of my Caanoo? Im tired of having to navigate in explorer to play a game.

Did the emus come with .ini files? They work the same as any other game or app, they just need that file to point the way and they'll show up in the menu. Have you tried Yoshi's emu pack? It should have everything you need, http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/caanoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,696

Orion4874 said:
Did the emus come with .ini files? They work the same as any other game or app, they just need that file to point the way and they'll show up in the menu. Have you tried Yoshi's emu pack? It should have everything you need, http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/caanoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,696
Well I cant access the .INI files on the computer. So how would I move the .INI files to the game folder on the Caanoo's file explorer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure I understand, what do you mean by can't access them? How did you move the emus to your sd card? You do the same thing with the .ini, just copy and paste. Once in a while certain programs don't come with the .ini, in which case you can make your own with Notepad++.

Orion4874 said:
Not sure I understand, what do you mean by can't access them? How did you move the emus to your sd card? You do the same thing with the .ini, just copy and paste. Once in a while certain programs don't come with the .ini, in which case you can make your own with Notepad++.
Well yea i copied and pasted them to get them on the sd card. But I cant see the .ini files for any of the emulators. Ive looked in all the files and I cant find any files with the .ini extension. And what is notepad ++?

Caanoo.jpg
This is how the structure of the game folder on your sd card should look like. If you didn't copy the .ini files matching to your emulator folders, they won't be visible on your caanoo's games folder.

In order to see your emulators in the Caanoo Games menu, put the emulators plus the corresponding .ini files in the /game folder of the Caanoo.

caanooini.jpg

For example, gngeo.ini has the following content...

Code:
[info]
name="GnGeo"
path="/gngeo/rage2x.gpe"
icon="/gngeo/_icon.png"
title="/gngeo/_title.png"
It tells the Caanoo, where it finds the program to start (/game/gngeo/rage2x.gpe) plus the icon and title stuff.

The Caanoo Emu Pack has everything pre-configured. Just copy the content of the .zip file to the root directory of your SD card. Turn it on and you will see all emulators in the Games section. And read the PDF where to put the ROM and BIOS files. ;)

Regarding Notepad++. Text files must be in UNIX format, since the Caanoo runs Linux as the operating system. Check the important note here.

Yoshi Dragon said:
In order to see your emulators in the Caanoo Games menu, put the emulators plus the corresponding .ini files in the /game folder of the Caanoo.

caanooini.jpg

Code:
[info]
name="GnGeo"
path="/gngeo/rage2x.gpe"
icon="/gngeo/_icon.png"
It tells the Caanoo, where it finds the program to start (/game/gngeo/rage2x.gpe) plus the icon and title stuff.

The Caanoo Emu Pack has everything pre-configured. Just copy the content of the .zip file to the root directory of your SD card. Turn it on and you will see all emulators in the Games section. And read the PDF where to put the ROM and BIOS files. ;)

Regarding Notepad++. Text files must be in UNIX format, since the Caanoo runs Linux as the operating system. Check the important note here.
I have looked in each individual emulator file and I cant find any .INI files. Maybe its the emulators I have, although I also have gngeo as well.

Ok. Let's try it this way...

1. Backup the content of your SD card

2. Remove everything on your SD card

3. Download the Caanoo Emu Pack (if not already done)

4. Open that .zip file, it looks like this...

yepafs1.jpg

5. As you can see here, the game folder contains a number of emulators (including .ini files)...

yepafs2.jpg

6. Just copy this game folder from the .zip file to the root directory of your SD card

7. Now copy your ROM and BIOS files to the appropriate directories (check the PDF for correct locations)

8. That's it, you will see now all these emulators in the Caanoo's game section

PS: I don't know where you try to find .ini files. You won't see them on the Caanoo. If you can't find them on Windows, it's probably due to the default explorer settings, which hide file extensions.

explorerhidefileextopti.jpg

PS2: If you don't want all emulators, just delete them (folder + .ini file). Or rename the .ini file, see example ginge.ini.do_not_display in the emu pack.

Hope this helps.

Yoshi Dragon said:

caanooini.jpg

Code:
[info]
name="GnGeo"
path="/gngeo/rage2x.gpe"
icon="/gngeo/_icon.png"

I had to change the folder options to get the .ini files to show up. But after that I did what you had pictured above and it worked thank you :)

Akabei said:
Caanoo.jpg
This is how the structure of the game folder on your sd card should look like. If you didn't copy the .ini files matching to your emulator folders, they won't be visible on your caanoo's games folder.
I did that and now it works thank you for your time. :)

Orion4874 said:
Thanks for the advice, that got it working thank you :)

Back