Mame 1.3

rick_pr

Still Fresh
First off, I want to thank every individual who has put so much work into this system. It's far from perfect but damn I haven't had this much fun in years. I am one of those guys that has seen the evolution of gaming from recieving pong as a xmas present to the "OG" Atari, Coleco Vision and everything in between. Although all gaming units and each portable unit thats in the market has its pros and cons, its this GP2X that really got my enthusiasm back for gaming again. Well anyway just have to say thanks to you guys that keep the gaming world alive through open source, and not let the Corporate Bastards wield us in to submission with expensive games etc.

Any way my question is; How can i get back to the Mame menu after playing a game without having to shut off the GP2X. I seem not to be able to switch back to Mame menu and play another game without shutting it off, turning it back on and going to the mame menu. Any tips would be appreciated.

PS: If you programming Gurus can get those Laser Disk games such as Dragons Lair, Cliff Hanger etc, to be able play in future releases, I think I would be able to die in peace.

Thanks for any help.

And that laser disk system.. daphne.. is under developing :)

Check the discuss forum of the daphne-emu.com. It is under the announcement: Daphne handheld project.

First off,  I want to thank every individual who has put so much work into this system.  It's far from perfect but damn I haven't had this much fun in years.  I am one of those guys that has seen the evolution of gaming from recieving pong as a xmas present to the "OG" Atari, Coleco Vision and everything in between.  Although all gaming units and each portable unit thats in the market has its pros and cons, its this GP2X that really got my enthusiasm back for gaming again.  Well anyway just have to say thanks to you guys that keep the gaming world alive through open source, and not let the Corporate Bastards wield us in to submission with expensive games etc.

Any way my question is; How can i get back to the Mame menu after playing a game without having to shut off the GP2X.  I seem not to be able to switch  back to Mame menu and play another game without shutting it off, turning it back on and going to the mame menu. Any tips would be appreciated. 

PS: If you programming Gurus can get those Laser Disk games such as Dragons Lair, Cliff Hanger etc, to be able play in future releases, I think I would be able to die in peace.

Thanks for any help.

You hold down L+R+press the joystick button.

edit: its too early for me... i just missed the fact this was already answered.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys!! also I read went to those links for the daphne portable project, that is to kick ass!! I will be donating this week thanks again!

I dunno, Franxis's MAME2X is pretty polished right now, 80% of the games I've tried have been playable at an acceptable speed, and I've tried quite a few.

Back