Mame Cps And Tbgfx 16 Roms Wont Work

twigs45

Still Fresh
I downloaded a bunch of roms for mame, cps2, and Turbografx 16. However, only one of my cps roms will load, most of my mame roms wont even show up, and of those only one works, and the turbografx 16 emulator doesn't recognize any of my roms. I know i put them all in the right folders, and I downloaded them from a very reliable site, from which all the roms I have gotten worked. What do I do?

You need a compatible rom set to use with mame. As far as cps2 goes, try using Final Burn Alpha instead. I'm not sure what the problem could be with Temper. I don't think I've come across a rom that didn't work with it. Be more specific, what exactly is happening when you try to play these roms?

With mame, it tells me that certain files are missing, and with cps, it shows the loading screen, and it stops indefinitely after about 60-70%. As for temper, it doesn't recognize the roms, so I dont even have the option to load the rom.

and I am using finalburn alpha

twigs45 said:
With mame, it tells me that certain files are missing, and with cps, it shows the loading screen, and it stops indefinitely after about 60-70%. As for temper, it doesn't recognize the roms, so I dont even have the option to load the rom.

and I am using finalburn alpha
For Temper the roms have to be in the syscards folder and have a .pce extension. In FBA I don't have many games for it but the ones I have are all zipped, maybe try that?

Last edited by a moderator:
twigs45 said:
I downloaded a bunch of roms for mame, cps2, and Turbografx 16. However, only one of my cps roms will load, most of my mame roms wont even show up, and of those only one works, and the turbografx 16 emulator doesn't recognize any of my roms. I know i put them all in the right folders, and I downloaded them from a very reliable site, from which all the roms I have gotten worked. What do I do?

What you really meant to say was you DUMPED a bunch of games you OWN for MAME, CPS2, and the Turbografx 16. ;]

Also, what he means is your roms have to be UNZIPPED.

Also, you can find most things on the internet with a quick google search. Maybe you'll find the answer to your problem there. ;] Or in your PM box ;]

Don't put HuCard games in the syscard directory. Just put syscards there...

The only compression Temper supports is bz2. If you want compressed ROMs recompress them as bz2. You can find these things in the readme.

Exophase said:
Don't put HuCard games in the syscard directory. Just put syscards there...

The only compression Temper supports is bz2. If you want compressed ROMs recompress them as bz2. You can find these things in the readme.

If he's on the forums with 3 posts asking about help with roms he downloaded, do you honestly think he's taken the time to RTFM?

As a matter of fact, I read those three posts and all of the readme's, and I didn't find anything that helped me. I'm not an idiot.

Back