MAME: Donkey Kong II

To my knowledge, the rom for this game was never released. This is a comercial game that is currently being sold as a add on to standard Donkey Kong Coin-Ops. I actually have a DK cocktail machine in storage, so I'm hoping I can use it for my unit, as it looks damn cool. Sadly, I have never been to Funspot, but I have donated to them as that arcade looks like the last great one in the entire WORLD! :lol:

Here is the site selling it. http://www.arcadeshop.com/konghs_dk2/kongmultikit.htm If a rom is ever released, mame should be able to run this, as it is mainly a modded DK rom. MISFIT mame would also be very cool on the Pandora, as it runs a ton of games just like DK2. So I guess Misfit Mame would be the place to play this if and when it is ever released.

I'm gonna drop em a line, and see if this will work for my cocktail machine, so I can order one.

Chris

the game is in the current MAME and MiSFiTMAME we just need someone to port it for us :) (hint,hint,wink,wink) ...Bud

Last edited by a moderator:
the game is in the current MAME and MiSFiTMAME we just need someone to port it for us :) (hint,hint,wink,wink) ...Bud
WOW, that's awesome news. I hadn't looked for the rom since it was first released years ago.

MISFIT MAME is Frigging Awesome! I just love hacked arcade games, and some of them are actually very well done. The original version of Ms. Pac-Man is in their lineup.

A Panora port would rock, but I don't know if there is a linux version out there. I'm still waitng for the Capcom CPS2 emulator to make it over.

Chris

There was some discussion a few months back on MiSFiTMAME either on this board or GP32X but nothing ever came of it. Sounds like so much fun. What are people running it on currently if it isn't open source?

Edit: Just was doing some research on MiSFiTMAME and these roms should work with proper MAME versions that don't need any additional hardware to be emulated. Maybe I'm wrong here, but there is a program that will change versions of roms to work with various MAME versions, so would it be possible for DKII to work in place of DKong or whatever that rom is called?

Would appreciate any info here as I'm not much of a MAME user outside of the Pandora, GP2X, or Dingoo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm suprised there is not a updated optimised port of MAME or MiSFiTMAME for the Pandora (Something like MAME4ALL but built on MAME .106 with all games added from the current build that the Pandora can handle, ones that will just drop right into the driver ), Mame was the most downloaded emu on the GP2X.

Are the authors of MAME4ALL not interested in the Pandora..Bud

I recall Francis was big on MAME4All but was not onboard with the Pandora. Slaneesh (apologize if mispelled)?

SteveM are you here? Help... Please kind sir

Back