Mame (very Confused)

PhoenixAshes

Still Fresh
Hi,

I just got my GP2X F100 and have been having loads of fun with PicoDrive. I'ma total noob but I found this very easy i.e. Put PicoDrive on to SD card with some roms, load from GP2X - simple!

However, I downloaded MameGP2X (a .rar file???!!) and put it on the SD card. It doesn't appear on the GP2X. What am I doing wrong?

Also I have some MAME roms that are .rar files - are these right because they are also invisible on the GP2X?

I put the MAMEGP2X file in the root of the SD and also tried it in its own 'MAME' folder.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm going round in circles here guys. Googling doesn't help much. Is there a step by step noob guide to setting up MAMEGP2X on an F100?

the rar file is a compressed folder, so you need to extract it using winrar or whatever (google it). Same with the compressed games you have. Then read the readme in the extracted folder :)

pandora said:
the rar file is a compressed folder, so you need to extract it using winrar or whatever (google it). Same with the compressed games you have. Then read the readme in the extracted folder :)

Thanks pandora, I'm such an idiot!! There's a big 1UP on its way to you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back