Mame-williams: Gp2x Mame (robotron)

Ok, sorry to double post like this but I just figured out the rest of it, i.e. how to play the other roms! As I stated in my last post, I tried to make a copy of the robotron.gpe file and rename it. I then edited the file in Wordpad and changed the rom name from Robotron to Joust. This didn't seem to work, in fact landing me with a black screen of high lameness.

Well, then I got thinking... What the problem might be with wordpad is that it doesn't do straight ASCII text. So thinking, I made another copy of robotron.gpe and renamed it to joust.gpe. I opened it up in Notepad and changed the rom name from robotron to joust. I made sure that my joust rom (the latest) was in the roms directory where all the others are and then slapped that puppy in my GP2x. This time it worked like a charm, though I did have to change the button config to get it working right. To do that just push the Left shoulder button while in game and do your thing.

Good luck all!

Pariah B)

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the minimal SDL libs that I installed for some emu or demo - but I see no way of backing out of this update (I'm talking about this one: http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,31,869) to be sure.

Pariah and I have tried EVERYTHING (even a COMPLETE DUPE) of his environment - firmware, everything is golden. This is the ONLY inconsistancy.

Anyone else with problems confirm they installed these SDLs? Or those that are WORKING confirm they are working with these installed?

The problem was that Robotron currently assumes it can overclock your GP2x to 266mhz and does so. Mine won't run stable over 250 - SOOOO ... I had to get a build from the brotha that doesn't overclock and overclock myself to 250. Unfortunately, this isn't nearly fast enough to make Robotron enjoyable. So, I'll wait for the next build!

Now, that makes sence. Using the over clocker anything over 250 craps mine out too :)

Good to see you here Shanie :)

Back