Marvel Vs Capcom » Supported Mame Rom?

ketchupgun

Website
www.theimponderables.com
I've got MAME working..it plays all sorts of games from the early Donkey Kong / Popeye / Frogger stuff to the more complex Alien Syndrome / Quartet stuff.

My quesiton is:
Are games like Marvel vs Capcom (Which I've got working fine on the MAME emulator on my Mac OS X) possible on GP2X MAME emulators? Because it didn't seem to work on the Arcade mame I have.

Also, with mame, do you guys keep the ROMs ZIPPED, or should you unzipp them and keep them in the folders (as some appear to be multiple files)?

well I know Marvel vs. Capcom wont work with the current version of mame on the gp2x (cause it's a much earlier version than is available for your desktop system). If it's possible in the future is an unknown, I'd imagine it's on quite a complex board it would be on, so dont know if the gp2x can handle it.

Try the Neogeo arcade emu, it runs games like that.
cool

I must say though, I'm a little out to lunch with NeoGeo (having missed that boat back in the day). I see there is Neo Geo pocket, Neo Geo CD ..etc .. which do you recommend for Arcade games, like Marvel Vs. Capcom.

And to run MvCapcom, I guess I'd be looking for a MvC NeoGeoArcade rom? Did they even make that for NeoGeo arcade?

Last edited by a moderator:
No they didn't. At the moment we definitely cannot run any CPS2 games, some CPS1 we can.

Try the King of Fighter series or SNK vs Capcom on the Neo Geo.

Try the Neogeo arcade emu, it runs games like that.
cool

I must say though, I'm a little out to lunch with NeoGeo (having missed that boat back in the day). I see there is Neo Geo pocket, Neo Geo CD ..etc .. which do you recommend for Arcade games, like Marvel Vs. Capcom.

And to run MvCapcom, I guess I'd be looking for a MvC NeoGeoArcade rom? Did they even make that for NeoGeo arcade?

You want the gngeo2x emulator. The rest of them are good but that one is great! And don't expect it to play non-neogeo arcade games like Marvel Vs. Capcom as it was never release on that system. But it will play games that are "LIKE" Marvel Vs. Capcom. As yaustar had said try the King of Fighter series. Everything after kof96 are pure gold. Also I have seen a few post about getting SNK vs Capcom working via gngeo since that game was released on both the neogeo hardware and Capcoms.

But don't worry there are over 150 games supported by gngeo and all are very high quality. :)
Have fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Capcom VS SNK and SNK VS Capcom: Chaos are different games.

If you enjoy Marvel VS Capcom, you should check out Waku Waku 7 on the NeoGeo emu. It's in similar style, a bit over the top.

Back