Mega Drive Handheld

RyokoSparda

Still Fresh
Hi all

I know the yanks have had a black and red version for ages but Argos has just got in a blue and white version of the 20 games in 1 mega drive handheld for £29.99.

I bought one on Sunday to add to the collection and I must say I am pretty impressed with it, Spent far too long playing it on the TV via the AV cables the other day.

The button layout is good altho the quality of the buttons isn't wonderful but they do the job, the screen is good, sound is a bit tinny and the speaker often gets covered up by your hand, batteries last ages, unit feels pretty cheap it's about on a par with the build quality of the Onestation and annoyingly just like the original MD there is no save feature.

Games in it are Alex Kidd, Alien Storm, Altered Beast, Arrow Flash, Columns 3, Crack Down, Decapattack, Mean Bean Machine, ESWAT, Ecco, Ecco Jr, Shinobi 3, Flicky, Gain Grounds, Golden Axe, Jewel Master, Kidd Chameleon, Sonic Spinball, Shadow Dancer and Sonic and Knukles.

and it comes with a scart block and AV cable ( but no batteries, it takes AAA).

Heres the link if anyone wants to add one to there collection
Mega Drive handheld

Kinda nice looking, and it includes Shinobi 3 instead of Revenge of Shinobi (which is what the reddy black one had). Maybe something to do with those Spider-Man "issues"? Or because Shinobi 3 is just better than Revenge, and the manufacturers know this? Pfft, drop Alien Storm and put all the Shinobi on it. I'm not making any valuable contribution here, sorry.

jmetal88 said:
If I ever get the ugre to buy a handheld specifically for Genesis/Megadrive, I'll just buy a Nomad. :lol:

Yep, but if you "just" buy a Nomad, you'll be spending a lot more, using more batteries, carrying more weight around, and you'll only be able to play one game at a time (unless it's one of those Mega Games compilations or something).

On the other hand, you can play any game you want, and the Nomad's great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back