Metal Slug 3d

IntenseWage posted on Sep 29 2004 at 12:55 AM said:
Neo Geo Colliseum looks ridiculous because SNK refuses to update their fucking sprites. Ever. Give me a damn break.

if you look closely you can see that the Marco sprite is ever so slghtly different than the Mslug sprites usually look like

CAPCOM are makign a similar game

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil posted on Sep 28 2004 at 07:27 PM said:
NOOO!!!! first MS4 now this! its a shit waste of money,

No SNK, No.

neogeo colessium looks, well, not good.

when SNK joined playmore, it became really shit.

bloody americans.

Problem is, without playmore, snk would have just died. Snkplaymore has seen many good games ported to more widely available platforms and has released some decent games (but mostly awful ones as you say).

On the ms3d note I think this is shocking. Metal slug is one of my favourite games series but this just looks poor.

yaustar posted on Sep 28 2004 at 10:40 PM said:
Reminds me of advance wars going 3d....
lol it reminds me off worms going 3d
Twas alright but you lost alot out of the gaming experience of the oldies that you were weened on.
I think this is how this will be.

EDIT: 3d, the erotic possibilities for my sig!!!
har har har
maybe not.....

tbh... I think being 2D it should have moved to handheld devices if its not gonna sell on consoles. I love 2D games (as long as they are good; ikaruga and metal slug etc). While 3D may be good some game ideas simply arent made for 3D, and I must say Metal Slug isnt one of them; surely a release on Nintendo GBA/ DS/ PSP would be better. (I know there is a GBA one but I hear its crap; forget where form).

mattmagoo posted on Sep 29 2004 at 02:14 PM said:
IntenseWage posted on Sep 29 2004 at 12:55 AM said:
Neo Geo Colliseum looks ridiculous because SNK refuses to update their fucking sprites. Ever. Give me a damn break.

if you look closely you can see that the Marco sprite is ever so slghtly different than the Mslug sprites usually look like

CAPCOM are makign a similar game

Yup. They've actually redrawn a lot of sprites for this one. Plus nobody really cares because they were so damn awesome in the first place.

While 3D may be good some game ideas simply arent made for 3D, and I must say Metal Slug isnt one of them; surely a release on Nintendo GBA/ DS/ PSP would be better. (I know there is a GBA one but I hear its crap; forget where form).

Not crap, just unfinished. Reports form TGS say it's improving.

Back