Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
So I've decided to join the dark side and get an XBOX 360 Elite (was meant to get the original 360 on launch, but didn't have the guts, lol)...

Anyhow, I'm a 360 n00b, so could I please get some advice on what things I should be aware of...Things like, what add-ons or accessories to recommend for a new user like myself and whether I should import a US or Japanese one or should I just wait for the Australian/NZ/Europe release?
Any advice would be helpfu and appreciatedl, because I'd rather get help from you peeps, as I don't trust googling around. Thanks in advance people.
smile.gif

- Mel a.k.a. S0NY

jb0yx said:
I worked out how to get all the proprietary google stuff on any device running AOSP 2.1(market, gmail, google maps)

*LEGAL* By reading further or downloading below you agree and confirm you own another android device that came with these apps pre-installed. This is free software but not open source software it is not meant to be freely distributed. This is only a guide on how to put this software BACK on your device after making modifications or upgrading your OS to AOSP 2.1 *LEGAL*

Download GoogleBits-sdk7-v1.7-signed.zip (RapidShare, Megaupload, DepositFile, HotFile)
Unzip it in c:sdk-androidtoolsGoogleBits
Connect USB to your PC
Type the following commands:
Code:
 cd c:android-sdktools
 adb remount
 adb push GoogleBitssystemframework /system/framework
 adb push GoogleBitssystemlib /system/lib
 adb push GoogleBitssystemapp /system/app
 adb reboot

Google bits 1.9 located here *untested*

Note to Mods: if this is going to cause problems let me know before taking this post down or provide an alternative method of getting this info out there. This info is elsewhere on the internet but took several days of intensive searching knowing ahead of time what exactly it was I was looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well firstly, the Elites are showing the red circles of doom quite often from what I'm hearing. Apparently the break quicker due to the 120GB hard drive and the HDMI crap. Personally, I'd stick with the original 360 premium pack as its likely to last longer

Back