Mikie

Endurion

Website
Visit site
Hi, here comes my first real review. it´s of the commodore 64 version of the game Mikie.

Mikie (1986)
imagine.gif

mikie_01.gif
mikie_02.gif

mikie_03.gif
mikie_07.gif

This game brings you back to school, now ofcurse you don´t want to stay there so the object of the game is to get out from the school. But it´s not just to run out.
Before you can get out you need to collect all the "hearts" you can find. You collect hearts by walking over them or whistel at them.
When you have taken all the hearts in a place a door will open and you can get out to the next place.

Graphics: 5/10
The graphics is at an average I think. In frodo there is a little graphic bug at the top but it´s not that bad.

Sound: 7/10
some beatles tunes mixed with some other tracks.

Gameplay: 8/10
This is a funny game. Running from the teacher and other people and throw pie and stuff at them.
What more can you wish for? :p

How do I start it on Frodo?
well, I haven´t been able to start it in the "normal" Frodo but it works in FrodoPC.
atleast the mikie.d64 file I have works.

Game controls:
use the stick to walk around
push the button assigned for the joystick or space to wistle (normaly adressed to the A and B buttons)
To walk thru an open door step infront of it and push space or joystick button while pushing the stick uppwards.

mikie_the_hit_squad.jpg

Images are courtesy of Lemon

well, the gameplay is a little faster and more simlpe but the theme is the same... ;)
only tried skool daze on my c64 thou.

Skool Daze is quite different - Mikie involves you knocking other pupils off their chairs whilst SD is a bit more interactive, where the player must get to lessons and can also punch other pupils and fire catapults etc.

Both Mikie and Skool Daze are quite good - The C64 version of Mikie is probably the best version, though I am sure it was never released as a stand-alone full-price title. Instaed it went straight to compilation, then budget eventually.

Back