Mini menu skin manager (gauging interest)

dan3008

Hi guys

I've almost finished a program for downloading and installing skins on another console, and it wouldn't take me long to port it to the Pandora. I was just wondering if people would be interested in this?

I have a server where I can host a skin list for it, so that's no issue :) 

Yeah I kind of remember some custom ones on the old handhelds repo... I also recall some issue with them crashing minimenu too.

Is it also possible to customise skins?

It is 

:) in fact, I've made my own skin and next I'm working on a skin maker :) 

Yeah I kind of remember some custom ones on the old handhelds repo... I also recall some issue with them crashing minimenu too.

Don't remind me... Don't worry, all the skins on my server will be tested by me to ensure that they work. I guess this project is a go. Keep an eye out for the release ;-) 

No, why would it? Skins are part of mini menu, and are simply images and a configuration file, while my server just lists screenshot, and zip locations for downloading.

As for my program, all it does is read the list, and download the ones you tell it to. The only "personal" information used availabile to me at all is your ip a dress (which every site you visit can see) and I don't even log ip addresses on my server because I'm not really that interested in visitor stats, that and I do my best to hide from the Google stats so I'm not about to use it on my server. 

If you are genuinely that interested/concerned, I can send you a copy of my (messy) source code and apache2 server config

I'd be interested. I really like the functionality of Minimenu aside from some aesthetics.

The program itself is working... I just only have 2 skins that dont crash mini menu. I'm working on adding a few more skins before release, hopefully in the next few days :)

Once I release it, I'll have a full set of instructions available but basically, connect to the internet, run up the program on your pandora, (it'll ask you to select your SD card on first run, so it knows where to save skins to) and then select the skin you want to install and press enter.

then once its installed, you'll be able to change your mini menu skin in the normal way (from the select menu) and your new skin will be available :)

Currently having issues getting screen shots of my skins... apparently, most screen shot utilitys dont run well in mini menu...I'm sure i'll work it out soon enough though

Back