More Problems

Kop_007

Istanbul Red
Cant install Free Launcher or any MP3's (The only things I have tried).

I am using a 32mb card (waiting for arrival of 128mb card).

I format the card, everything seems to go well (folders created etc).

I then try to transfer an MP3 or install the Free Launcher program. I then get the following error:

'An error occured in GP32 during process'....

What is causing this?

Thanks

Are your MP3s in 8.3 format? Ie: FILENAME.MP3? With no spaces in the name?

Flack

Yes, read all about that before hand.

This is where I'm stuck now:

I've installed the usb drivers (tried official and unofficial xp). Everything goes ok.

I can connect my GP32 to the PC and format my SmartMedia Card (so does that exclude any connection/ driver problems?). But I still cannot install anything! I get the error:

'An error occured in GP32 During Process'

Help me please...

I'm no expert, but I would say if you can format your SMC, then the connection is good.

Are you doing the following?

1 - Turn on GP32
2 - Go to the PC Icon
3 - On your PC, launch GP-Link

At that point, does the GP32 show up? (Should show GP32 and your computer on the left hand side).

Then, you should be able to:

4 - Go to the bottom, right click a file and select "copy".
5 - Go to your Gp32, select the correct directory, and select "paste".

Just making sure we're on the same page here.

Flack

Yes, steps 1,2 and 3 all done.

I do indeed have GP32(with all its folders) and my computer on the left.

However, when I try to copy and paste or install via menu I get the message as in my above post.

Sounds like it might be the SMC, could you get a hold of a different one to test until your 128 one comes

Other than that I do not know what to suggest.

MrT

I was starting to think that myself. It was working in my MP3 about a week ago, but I have given my MP3 player to a friend for his holiday - meaning I cannot test again. Maybe it was damaged somehow?

If it was the SMC, would it still allow me to format it, because I can do that no problem.

I have tried 2 USB cables, multiple USB Ports, 2 PC'S - both WIn98 and XP, different driver and PC Link versions.So, by the process of elimination, I do believe it is the SMC.

Dont think I'll be able to get hold of another SMC, but 7 Day Shop said they sent my 128mb ones today, so i'll probably have them by Wednesday - hopefully. I'll have to wait and see until then.

Thanks for the help.

I got that error as well - it happened when I dragged a file from pc to gp32, but didn't have enough space for it. Instead of saying 'insufficient space on smc', it copied it, change the filesize to 0kb, then threw out that error.

Deleting some files until I had space, caused it to copy fine.

I'm not saying that you have the same problem - but maybe it's some generic smc error that the pc-link program cannot understand.

- Rico

Back