Mortal Kombat Konquest!

Git/\nn0

Still Fresh
Hi!!!

First of all, let me introduce myself, i'm Gi/\nn0, the guy who is working on Mortal Kombat Konquest BOR MOD.

That's my first post here and i'd like to say some words and details about Mortal Kombat - Konquest!

First of all THANK YOU SO MUCH for playing this mod on your GP32! That was a real surprise for me! I saw the pics on the BOR forum. They were posted by a friend, Hokutoy. He is a bor modder too and is working on the cool Village Of Rage Mod.

(This part i posted on BOR forum sometime ago, i'm posting here to share with you all my path through MKK till now.)

I've been working on Mortal Kombat Konquest a long time ago. Then, in the middle way, i decided to redo everything.

Check the old ScreenShots below!

Old MOD ScreenShots

sshot2.gif

sshot3.gif

sshot4.gif

sshot5.gif

sshot6.gif

I gave up and decided to restart this MOD specially because of the chars. Their images resolution were low, and they were small... Not really small, but how can i say, they weren't big enough.

I Changed the chars size, they are bigger now, i'm trying to do something different... Much better resolution for the sprites, now you can even count Baraka's teeth, for example and better effects during fatality animation.
Yes, i forgot mentioning.. Each char has it's fatality animation. Above you can check old Baraka's and below Mileena's one.

Instead of default bor Flash animation, i'm using Snow's flash animation 2 (the blood effect animation). I just resized and applyed that to the new colour palette. Thanks to Snow!

Actual MOD ScreenShots

sshot00.gif

sshot01.gif

sshot02.gif

sshot03.gif

sshot04.gif

Besides the sprites changes, which lead me to redo everything, I changed bor source code. This mod uses an unique colour map which i designed myself chosing the colors that should fit better to the chars, backgrounds and scenes. More important changes were and are still being made specially to improve fatality animation effects.

Special thanks to Ian Micheal from "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles MOD: Raphael is Missing" (great mod, by the way) who will recompile the source to allow us to play Mortal Kombat Konquest on DC and Roel VanMastBergen from BOR for the support.

Do not worry about backgrounds shown at these screenshots. They all will be remade. I'm just working on CHARS now. When i finish them, i'll head to the backgrounds stages and scenes. The first background, on those "old mod screenshots" were made for a stage named: "The Living Forest", whose boss will be Reptile. Those backgrounds were made using TERRAGEM for the ground. I'll keep this idea up to all stages backgrounds.
As i said before, actual backgrounds are just for testing...

...to be continued... ;)

Here is a comparision between the OLD and NEW sprites.

Heres a direct comparision:

mileenastance.gif
old_mileenastance.gif

barakastance.gif
old_barakastance.gif

Heres a comparission between OLD MOD STANCE, NEW MOD STANCE and ORIGINAL BOR RELEASE STANCE SIZES:

barakastance.gif
old_mileenastance.gif
marystance.gif

The Story: Baraka and Mileena, seeking for power, turn against the emperor Shao Kahn. They will kill everyone in their path till they get the throne and rule the Outworld.

There will be 5 stages.
Each stage would contain three levels. The third one is the boss.

To adapt bor engine to MKK i made some changes at the source code. These changes very important specially for the fatalities animation. I know nothing about GP32, but i think it has some memory limitations which could do not possible to play a full version of MKK on it. By the way i'm releasing today the third demo version of MKK, i'll put a topic relating to this later...

Well, after this MOD is finished, it's up to you if you want it or not to be fully perfectly playable (i mean with the changes i made in the source code) or not on your GP32. If so, i'll try talking to Squidge, and ask him for the GP32 port source code to apply to that the same changes i made in the DOS one, or if he prefers, i can do what Ian Micheal suggested, and highlight the changes and ask Squidge to apply them...

I increased A LOT the number of sprites and animations, and these changes may be hard to be accepted by GP32 due to the memory limitations, so if we'll do this port, i'm considering about decreasing even more the number of sound files and quality.

I hope i'm wrong, but i think not even the new MKK DEMO release will work on GP32.. :(

Well thanks to all for the attention, THANKS A LOT for the compliments about MKK on GP32 and specially for playing it!! :D

Hugs! :D

Git/\nn0

If you made some source changes to the BOR engine, you might want to send them to Squidge if you haven't already - its possible the full version won't work at the moment, but you might as well get in contact with the person who could make it possible :) - quite apart from the possibility that you may have made changes that are very easy to implement dpeneding on how he's ported it and which bits you've changed and such...

MKK looks brilliant, though I've yet to try it; keep up the good work (BOR is so great :D)

Hi GIT/\NO!
This demo3 plays great in GP32!!!
When you finish this MOD try to contact Squidge for a GP32 version... ;)
And don't worry to much about Gp32 RAM memory. GP32 only has 8mg but Squidge has made a AWESOME port changing some sprite routines to allow GP32_BOR version to waste more less ram memory :)

By the way... from what game have you rip the sprites? Console or Arcade?
I know that you don't like the idea but i still think that a 1-2 punch combo for Mileena's attack1 will be nice and more fluid ;)
Byes

Mikey posted on Apr 26 2004 at 03:07 PM said:
It'd be very nice if we could play the full none altered version on GP, although if a few things have to be altered because of memory restrictions etc I could live with that. Looking excellent btw :)
Thanks a lot man!! :D I've been working hard on it! :)

About the GP port, i think we could cut out some stuff to make MKK work better on GP... I'll contact Squidge for more information.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
just been playing 'the lift' level and it plays marvellously, no slowdown, huge characters, great music + sfx!

Don't think I've seen more than 5 characters (including the player) on screen at the same time, not sure about the fatalities or the other code changes, I can test them out if you tell me what to look for.

very nice work mate!

Hokutoy posted on Apr 26 2004 at 04:14 PM said:
Hi GIT/\NO!
This demo3 plays great in GP32!!!
When you finish this MOD try to contact Squidge for a GP32 version... ;)
And don't worry to much about Gp32 RAM memory. GP32 only has 8mg but Squidge has made a AWESOME port changing some sprite routines to allow GP32_BOR version to waste more less ram memory :)

By the way... from what game have you rip the sprites? Console or Arcede?

Byes
Thanks dude! :D

I'll release MKK source code for those who wants to port it.. i'll enable it for downloading tonight! :)

Well i think the sprites were ripped from any arcade emulator, they are too perfect for a console, unless they are from PSX but i don't think so...

I got those sprites over the web so i don't know the origin of them, i can't even credit the guy who has ripped them because i not even know his email and his page is off... :(

check: http://www.hostultra.com/~acidhacker55/AG/index.php

He was working on a fighting game named Mortal Kombat Vendetta. The program he was using was .... 2d Fighter Maker i guess.. a MUGEN clone... Thats why he had so many sprites there... Besides, Orochi-X, from BOR forum is ripping some sprites for MKK too. He is grabbing from arcade or psx! so the quality will be the same as actual ones! :D

Cool that MKK works fine on GP32! The background images are big and the foreground ones too! I thought this could cause any problem, but fortunatelly i was wrong! :D

Hugs man! Thanks for the support! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot Tobriand and Frolik! :D

As i told Hokutoy, i'll release MKK source code later. Then if you wanna take a look, be my guests.. :D I'll write to Squidge later too, maybe he can port MKK too... :)

Hugs!

Hi all! :)

Please, could someone post some pics of MKK new demo release running on GP32?

I'd love to see how "The Dead Pool" looks on it!

Thanks!! :)

Back