Most Robust Console

old ones will be the strongest.... Drop a PSP and most likely the screen will break, Drop a Old Gameboy and it will most likely play like new :) ;)

Old Things were built to last... New Things are built to break and thats a true fact. Companies now design products to wear out right after the guarantee runs out, notice how many of your things do this?? Washing machines, DVD Players etc... We had a old washing machine that lived for 15 years + before it died, we bought a new one made by the same company and it died right after the guarntee ran out and so did the other thatwe got...

Steve-O posted on Dec 4 2005 at 12:30 PM said:
Old Things were built to last... New Things are built to break and thats a true fact. Companies now design products to wear out right after the guarantee runs out, notice how many of your things do this?? Washing machines, DVD Players etc... We had a old washing machine that lived for 15 years + before it died, we bought a new one made by the same company and it died right after the guarntee ran out and so did the other thatwe got...
Old things were much less complicated you moron.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sega Megadrive II

I've dropped mine so many time and used it for so long, yet I've never had one single problem with it. On the other hand my Gamecube died after 1 year and I've broken 2 Playstations, even though I am very careful with my machines.

Generally cartridge based machines are alot more durable than cd based ones.

Klown posted on Dec 4 2005 at 01:09 PM said:

no shit sherlock :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But its TRUE, Beleive me, Companies design products to break!!! Whats the point in a company making something that will last forever?? They want it to break so you need to buy another to replace it which makes them more money.

It's true- increased complexity is absolutely no excuse for a decreased lifespan. Our old fridge that we've had since... well, since before I was born (nearly 17 years) only broke a couple of months ago. We've been through about 5 different DVD players and/or VCRs in the last year alone (they all broke at random- but BEFORE warranty expiration :p) whereas the one we had before had lasted at least 5 years! The design of the humble household VCR cannot have changed too drastically recently, can it? Certainly not enough to warrant a sudden decrease of reliability. If anything, newer versions of such a common and well established piece of equipment should last longer, after all, it's hard to really improve them any more in any other way. Logically, the only way forwards is improvement of reliability and lifespan, but we don't get that.

i welcome things breaking because it forces upgrading to something new and better i've had this freaking monitor since 1995 and its burning my eyes with its flickering.... PPLeeaseee make it breakkkk (i'm only joking i do wish things would last longer just this monitor is terrible)

unlucky posted on Dec 4 2005 at 02:48 PM said:
i welcome things breaking because it forces upgrading to something new and better i've had this freaking monitor since 1995 and its burning my eyes with its flickering.... PPLeeaseee make it breakkkk (i'm only joking i do wish things would last longer just this monitor is terrible)

Then buy a new monitor. 17" CRT's are cheap.

The original NES used cheap metal for its cartrigde pins, they just corode over time and then you have a NES that won't run games any more. :(

Toughest console I have owned would have to be the lynx II... mine looks like it has been through a couple of wars.

gp32

Standing on a bus, bus turned hard, gp32 tossed out of hand, flew 10m to back of bus, hits window, dents gp32 joystick, sonic is sitting on the screen, hands on hips, tapping foot, giving me evils.

Klown posted on Dec 4 2005 at 01:09 PM said:

True but also not true at the same time. Old kit tends to have more components and more seperate boards whereas new kit tend to be one surface mounted board with chips taking over the job of many components. New kit is electronically more reliable but the mechanical parts seem shoddy in comparison to the older stuff.

Of course the thing is although a DVD player bought today may only last a couple of years it costs a tiny amount of what one from several years ago would have cost especially if you take inflation into account.

^^^ Ding ding ding.

trooper posted on Dec 4 2005 at 11:38 PM said:
Klown posted on Dec 4 2005 at 02:09 PM said:

So, Your not as complicated as sam fisher or goity then ?.

Trooper
You are the height of wit and comedy. Have a gold medal.

trooper posted on Dec 4 2005 at 11:38 PM said:
Klown posted on Dec 4 2005 at 02:09 PM said:

So, Your not as complicated as sam fisher or goity then ?.

Trooper
Squall from FF8 said:
I'm more complex than you think

Back