Movie Question

anyone know if were going to have Ogg support? if so will that mean we can have lovely XVID OGM files? :D

[edit]

Just read the readme... idiotically i didn't read it lol... apperently it has ogg support out the box, so should play my Ogm anime and such out the box... wahoo!

Will the GP2X run other audio formats such as Monkey's Audio and FLAC? They are both lossless and have very poor hardware support from dedicated audio players. Some managed to get FLAC running on an iPod using the unofficial Linux firmware (but not real-time decoding unfortunately, limited by Apple's slow processor), so could the same be done for GP2X? If so, then it'd be awesome; and I'll be spending a lot of money on buying SD flash cards.

spikeh posted on Oct 2 2005 at 06:16 AM said:
Will the GP2X run other audio formats such as Monkey's Audio and FLAC? They are both lossless and have very poor hardware support from dedicated audio players. Some managed to get FLAC running on an iPod using the unofficial Linux firmware (but not real-time decoding unfortunately, limited by Apple's slow processor), so could the same be done for GP2X? If so, then it'd be awesome; and I'll be spending a lot of money on buying SD flash cards.

why would you need such high quality? Such a waste of space, just use AAC and encode at 192kbs.
I hope the gp2x supports AAC. It probally will some where down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back