Mp2x V Mplayer - Slow V Buggy.

DanSolo

Still Fresh
I'm still struggling to get some 720 pixel width XVids to play without re-encoding them. The firmware mplayer is crashy, and mp2x is jumpy. In the file are I read this under mp2x.

"djkenod - it won't stutter if you switch it from battery saving mode to normal mode prior to playing with the Y key."

Pressing Y just brings up the normal video handling buttons. Am I missing something?
Another thing I noticed is that if I start one of the problem videos, quit immediately or turn off, and then return to mplayer, it seems to play much better and smoother. Anyone know why and could this be used to make playback better?
Surely 240Mhz is fast enough to play these files.

Pressing Y just brings up the normal video handling buttons. Am I missing something?

I'd like to report for immediate termination if that's OK. It's up in the top left of the screen "Full, Normal, Save" before I start a movie. Doh. Looks good with mplayer, not as smooth with mp2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lately I noticed that mp2x isn't playing OGM files right. Just try to play them at the different cpu-speeds (full, normal, save) and you notice that the sound it pitched each time...

Lately I noticed that mp2x isn't playing OGM files right. Just try to play them at the different cpu-speeds (full, normal, save) and you notice that the sound it pitched each time...

Isn't that how cheap sampling keyboards work, they just play the sound back faster to give a higher pitch? Does this mean the ARM processor has no separate clock chip to keep its timing correct?
And why would mplayer crash just because it has less battery power? I thought it would have just slowed down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back