Mplayer/drmd Issues

racoon

I sometimes notice a sudden overall system slowdown when using DrMD (most often after saving, seems to occur random)... I only get like 5 FPS and even if I exit and reconfigure the CPU with the utility it doesn't help, only a restart solves the problem. Could it have sth. to do with my preferred use of the U** instead of the F** clock because it seems to look better?

Besides, I noticed that the Mplayer often does not switch to the next track (activated repeat and random of course)... common bug?

Thanks
racoon

I sometimes notice a sudden overall system slowdown when using DrMD (most often after saving, seems to occur random)... I only get like 5 FPS and even if I exit and reconfigure the CPU with the utility it doesn't help, only a restart solves the problem. Could it have sth. to do with my preferred use of the U** instead of the F** clock because it seems to look better?

Besides, I noticed that the Mplayer often does not switch to the next track (activated repeat and random of course)... common bug?

Thanks
racoon

I always use UPLL and have never noticed the problems with DrMD. Most of my sessions are short though (<45 mins, if even that long), so maybe it's related to time of use and memory drain?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm might be, but my sessions usually don't last much longer, I always save lots, today it happened to me after maybe 15 minutes...

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,1106

You can easily recreate this problem by playing that... I think it's basically a out of memory problem... Nothing to worry about =p
Hehe, I play that game and well, yes, at least I THINK that problem occurs sometimes there too... BUT the difference is that the slowdown doesn't seem to be so bad... and anyhow the game has a FUNCTION to slowdown (I think its the Y-Button) so I am somewhat confused :D

Let's hope the source gets released, open2x and GPH FW merge... then we won't have to worry about system-cause errors anymore and got 32MB more to leak ;D :p :D

Just guessing here (because you say it usually happens after saving), but if you plug in a serial lead then you'll possibly notice a whole load of sd errors at the same as the slowdown. This used to happen a lot more with the pre-release kernels, and it usually didn't recover afterwards. I think later kernels handle things slightly better and it can sometimes recover after a little while. I don't know of anything that can fix this, other than waiting for all the bugs in the sd driver to be removed.

As I said, I am counting on you experienced developers to fix that up as soon as the source gets released... I really have faith in you....

Once again, thanks for this community...

BTW... if anyone needs English<->German<->French translations for programs I might be able to help :) ... just PM me ( I know its not great, many ppl know these languages, but anyways ;D)

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,1106

You can easily recreate this problem by playing that... I think it's basically a out of memory problem... Nothing to worry about =p
Hehe, I play that game and well, yes, at least I THINK that problem occurs sometimes there too... BUT the difference is that the slowdown doesn't seem to be so bad... and anyhow the game has a FUNCTION to slowdown (I think its the Y-Button) so I am somewhat confused :D

Let's hope the source gets released, open2x and GPH FW merge... then we won't have to worry about system-cause errors anymore and got 32MB more to leak ;D :p :D

No, the slowdown is INTENTIONAL... notice there is much less slowdown on the INSANE version. But thats not what we are looking at. It might be just my GP2X, but sometimes it just completely stops for a couple tens of milliseconds, 20-50 ms (I know the exact time because I play too much fighting games).

Back