My Amazing Battery Story

Pleng

So I was recently going on a long journey. A two hour train journey followed by two 6 hour flights (with a 3 hour wait between flights). I was concerned about Dingoo batter life so I bought a USB battery just to make sure; it wasn't needed!

I managed to fully recharge my Dingoo after the train journey, leaving me with 15 hours to fill, assuming I wasn't able to sleep on either of the flights.

As it happens I did manage to get some sleep on the first flight, but not before about an hours worth of gaming on my Dingoo. After waking up I listened to music for another hour or so. Whilst waiting at the gate for my second flight, I decided to watch some family guy; 3 episodes roughly totalling 1 hour. After watching the episodes, and still waiting to board the plane, I listened to some more music; an hour or so before everybody was seated and the plane was due to take off (delayed waiting for a runway) I of course turned off my Dingoo until I was advised that it was safe to use it again. Having used Dingoo for 4 hours already I guessed that I'd probably not last the entire flight, but I was not too concerned as I was sure I could survive a couple hours more if needs be. I watched a few episodes of Smack the Pony lasting about an hour and a half, and played some games for another 30 mins. Quite tired at this point I decided to try and get some sleep. I put Dingoo into MP3 mode and relaxed to some music for the remaining 4 hours of the flight. My Dingoo's batter had lasted a full 10 hours; I guess music playing must be a lot easier on the battery than games playing but... what was this? Still 2 out of three bars on the battery?!

It was late at night when I arrived at my destination; I met my friend and we went to the hotel. But, thought physically drained, I wasn't particularly mentally tired, due to the fact that I'd managed to sleep through most of the 4 hours in which Dingoo had been gently serenading me with the sounds of Simon and Garfunkel, Leonard Cohen and other musical greats. I took Dingoo out, plugged it into the telly, and enlightened my friends as to the joys of South Park; another hours viewing!

After that point Dingoo didn't get used very much until one day we were caught out in a restaurant in the pouring rain for many hours. We decided to get out the old Dingoo and bash out a few games. After half an hour, though, the battery finally gave in on me. Still, 11 and a half hours of use from one charge seems pretty amazing to me!

(yes, I'm at a bit of a loose end today...)

Pleng said:
Still, 11 and a half hours of use from one charge seems pretty amazing to me!

I think we've all gotten accustomed to the horrible battery life on the GP2X and are now amazed at anything that does over 6 hours or so.
Still, it's a definite thumbs up - I've never had my A320's battery die on me. Whereas on my GP2X it seems to happen all the time. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
How long does the Dingoo's battery keep its charge when not in use? Unfortunately my Wiz's battery fades after five or six days, and since pre-prod units take more than half a day to charge via USB, it gets neglected most of the time.

Incredibly enough the newest Duracell AAs that I use in my F-100 have been keeping their charge for more than a month, so the little gaming I get to do these days happens on the old GP2X :)

Alex. said:
How long does the Dingoo's battery keep its charge when not in use? Unfortunately my Wiz's battery fades after five or six days, and since pre-prod units take more than half a day to charge via USB, it gets neglected most of the time.

Incredibly enough the newest Duracell AAs that I use in my F-100 have been keeping their charge for more than a month, so the little gaming I get to do these days happens on the old GP2X :)

Well, I last charged my Dingoo nearly a month ago, I have been using it on and off a few times since then. Just now got it out of my rucksack after it being in there untouched for around 4-5 days, And it still shows 2 bars on the battery indicator.

Thank`s for the reminder, I`m going to have a play now. :D

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Back