monstercameron

Website
www.thinkteletronics.com
Generic Platformer : awakening

genre:action
type: sidescroller

ok this is my game idea.

story (part one):
one morning John Dowe(real name yet to be decided) wakes up in the most abstract generic world, made of really simple shapes and forms. he starts walking around and notices some things are out of order and it jogs a brief flash. and a bit of detail is restored to him. it is then that he figures out the world cannot be bland and embarks on a journey. the first hour in the journey is really simple platforming and simple puzzles but then he begins to receive detail back in his life. not only do the graphics become more detailed but also the story. the story blossoms into one of love and fighting for a loved one. when at the end detail is restored to the world.

story (part 2):
then his wife and kid are kidnapped and brought in the generic world. he must embark again on a journey to save them but as he returns to generic world the game becomes more bland and difficult as the hero loses his highly detailed powers (powers = weapons) but the enemies stay teh same (you can see his muscles becoming less detailed). he stumbles on his wifes dead body and his sons blood all over the place. then he wakes up and remembers that his wife and child where actually kidnapped and killed and teh police has yet to find his sons dead body and so he ends it, he commits suicide.

story (part 3):
he regains consciousness but finds himself plunging straight to hell and he... to be continued

tell me what you like/dislike about it!

I will be spending the next 2 years in college learning programming but not at this or the next two semesters (until i get my prerequisites done) so the implementation of this game will be quite sometime. if you are a programmer or artist and want to implement this game, thats great but i can only (atm) give artwork (sprites,backgrounds etc NB not a very good artist!)

I really like the idea of starting out and the world is a blank canvas, and your progression puts colour and detail into it. Definitely try to do something along those lines. Maybe have the character in a coma, battling inside his own head to try and get out to save his wife and kid from kidnappers.

Something like that.

Nova said:
I really like the idea of starting out and the world is a blank canvas, and your progression puts colour and detail into it. Definitely try to do something along those lines. Maybe have the character in a coma, battling inside his own head to try and get out to save his wife and kid from kidnappers.

Something like that.

thats my idea, the more he remembers the more details return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back