My Left Nub Just Died :(

tony11

Still Fresh
My left nub died earlier today, whilst i was playing Super Mario 64(damn you mario). If you push up or down the joystick kind of stays there and mario will keep moving in that direction. The thing is i am a member of the one nub club, but the nub that was suppose to be broken was the right nub, which works fine, the question is am i still under warranty? as i had a broken nub Pandora.

Strictly speaking, I believe you may be out of luck. This was one of the hazards of getting a one nub that kept me from jumping the queue. All I can say is to email them and ask, but don't be surprised if they can't honor any warranty.
They may offer a replacement/repair for a nominal fee, or you can suggest one.

WizardStan said:
Strictly speaking, I believe you may be out of luck. This was one of the hazards of getting a one nub that kept me from jumping the queue. All I can say is to email them and ask, but don't be surprised if they can't honor any warranty.
They may offer a replacement/repair for a nominal fee, or you can suggest one.

yeah that is what I was afraid of, i have emailed them today and I am awaiting a reply. I will let you know how I get on.

Last edited by a moderator:
the warranty sheet states that only the broken,one nub is not under warranty.The rest of the pandora is.

wrath of khan said:
the warranty sheet states that only the broken,one nub is not under warranty.The rest of the pandora is.

I hope you are right Khan. I have had to dig out my Ds now and as much as i really like the Ds, it is no Pandora. Oh well Dragon Quest IX here i come.

Alerino said:
the problem is that they didn't state which nub was crippled.

But if now he has a no-nubber, surely that means they should fix one of the nubs, right? If so, I guess it seems fair he should get to choose which one. :)

Edit: I re-read the OP -- it seems he was told the right one was the "iffy" one.

wermy said:
Alerino said:
the problem is that they didn't state which nub was crippled.

But if now he has a no-nubber, surely that means they should fix one of the nubs, right? If so, I guess it seems fair he should get to choose which one. :)

Edit: I re-read the OP -- it seems he was told the right one was the "iffy" one.

Yeah i had a sticky note popped inside the Pandora (between the screen and the keyboard) that said it was the right nub. :)

i had an email today saying:

" Hello Tony,

Sorry you have a faulty nub that wasn't supposed to be :(. Please return to us and include a brief note with your order number and the reason for the return. Just say that the nub which was working is now faulty. It will either be replaced/repaired.

Return address:

OpenPandora Ltd
26 Meadow Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE15 7LP

Kind regards
Jacquelyn "

Time to pack up the Panda :(

It is not so bad that the repair is free, but (sounding rather pathetic) i miss it already hence the sad face's.

Back