My PSX emulators have stopped recognising my ROMs!

ste1bro

Still Fresh
Hello!

I got my Pandora on Tuesday and, thanks to the help of some of the fine folk on this board, I've managed to get all of the emulators I wanted to use up and running.

I got PCSX-ReARMed going first, with FFVII playing. I've since added a couple more games to the folder. However, last night both ReARMed and psx4pandora stopped recognising my Roms! Nothing had changed withing the SD card, I hadn't altered anything - I just went back to play more FFVII and both emulators simply couldn't find the games.

I've tried both slots, and they're fine, I've checked the card on my PC and all the games are still where they always were.

So, have the game files somehow become corrupt? What do I do to get both programs to recognise my games?

Are you sure your browsing to the right location on the card from within the emulator?
That's just it, the first few times I used them, the locations were clearly visible straight away. Now they don't even appear at all!

I'll try Alerino's method.

Thanks, guys!

it really smells data corruption. Can you run dmesg from terminal? (press pandora button, select Terminal, type dmesg > /media/sdname/dmesg.txt, press enter

post dmesg.txt here

there's quite a handful of fake sd cards brands

Hmmm...

it just says 'no such file or directory'.

there's quite a handful of fake sd cards brands
Two fake SD cards of friends hold approx. 100MB only. It's unlikly having a FFVII rom running on those. If you are still in doubt, i could recommend this tool h2testw for Windows (english possible). Warning! This tool erases all data on the SD-card! And determines the speed too.

First you would like to try it with chkdsk or scandisk. Maybe the filesystem got a bit of crunched.

Oh, almost forgot!

My N64 games are on the same card, and they're working fine. Just the PS1 games that seem to be on the blink.

Sounds like some filesystem corruption to me, if you can't even browse.... you should check the SD Card and maybe also delete the config of PCSXRearmed (don't delete the whole appdata-Dir, as your memory cards are stored there as well!)

Hi

Sounds like you need to re install PCSX-ReARMed, well to me anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I formatted my SD card, re-installed everything, and now PCSX works even better than before!

Thanks for all the advice, guys! :D

Back