My SD-card has a strange name

Vurp

Still Fresh
Hello.

My Pandora seems to have issues with my SD-card changing name from time to time. It has done so for some time now and I think it usually happens when the Pandora runs out of power or when the battery glitches and hard-resets. However it was not an issue until now. The SD-card is the one that has all the software for my Pandora on it. I can access files on the card just fine but I cannot run any software from it. The current path to the sd-card is /media/?PNG??? where the last three ?s are some unknown characters and the first ? is a line break which I presume is what messes things up.

I don't have a lot of experience with Linux but I have made some attempts with the mount command to no avail.

Anyone have a clue as to why it happens and what I can do to solve it?

Where did you buy the SD Card from?

What format are you formatting the card in?
Are you putting the card into a PC or Macintosh?

Where did you buy the SD Card from?

What format are you formatting the card in?

Are you putting the card into a PC or Macintosh?
1&2) The SD-card was the one I got with the pandora when I bought it. I have not formatted the card since I got the device and it has worked fine for a year or so.

3) I tried putting the SD-card into a windows PC and it worked fine. The issue isn't reading or writing files to the card but rather launching software from it.

Try formatting the drive using the Panasonic SD Card Formatter software. Looks as if there's some corruption there!

Back