GP2X Nebulus Gp2x

zeGouky

Still Fresh
Website
www.gouky.com
Hi everyone,

well im quite happy to present my first game/port for the GP2X. Its a port from the classical game Nebulus, im sure one or two of you know that game. Its the initial release so maybe you will find bugs :)

Nebulus project page

Enjoy !

PS : shit its the wrong forum :-/ sorry , can someone move it to the GP2X Development corner ? thanks :)

The GBA version is excellent, I can't wait for this, one of the most frustraitingly addictive and original platform games ever.

I've just had a go of this and it's an excellent port, can't wait for sound and i'm very much looking forward to the others as well!

Port from a GBA-remake to 2x? nice :)

And I've spent the last 2 days working out how I'd write it, from scratch; maybe I'll abandon that thought :p

(The tower rotation is such a simple yet neat hack, fun to play with. But making levels and a level editor.. work :)

jeff

Plays great! Just a small suggestion though :)

I noticed that it's somewhat hard to move because of the way the gp2x stick works. When you accidently hit one of the diagonals, which happens quite often, the pig won't move.

AFAIK, this game doesn't use diagonal moves at all. So to make the best out of the joystick I think config case 5 from "DaveC's joystick configs" would work best:

joystick.png

That way the pig will still move when you accidently hit the diagonals. If you wanted you could easily implent this by looking at the source code from the joystick config tester by miq01:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=23980#

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all.... it's not a pig! it's a....ehm, alien ??!?!

And i'm really sorry that there is no GP32 version :(
Well, i can still play the original using 'GP Frodo',
but this remake just looks really cool !!!

Plays great! Just a small suggestion though :)

I noticed that it's somewhat hard to move because of the way the gp2x stick works. When you accidently hit one of the diagonals, which happens quite often, the pig won't move.

AFAIK, this game doesn't use diagonal moves at all. So to make the best out of the joystick I think config case 5 from "DaveC's joystick configs" would work best:

joystick.png

That way the pig will still move when you accidently hit the diagonals. If you wanted you could easily implent this by looking at the source code from the joystick config tester by miq01:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=23980#

Indeed. This is issue and not only in this game.

Some programs work better with gp2x's stick (the methanebrothers are pretty ok), some other don't (I have trouble to control reliably ChuckEgg in the Fuse for an example).

The other problem I have is that the head of stick isn't concave. My thumb can slip off it and this is exaggerated by somewhat high force needed to move the stick. Personally I would love concept not unlike the Atari's Lynx - trully symmetrical box what could be rotaded by 90/180 degress to fit aplication or user needs. There could be two stick or pads (first on the left, second on the right) and 12 buttons (2 above and below every stick = 8) and one at every corner (another 4). The MMSP2 chipset already supports hardware rotating of surfaces by 90 degress so it'd not be that hard to do. But all this is dreaming only of course.

GPH was somewhat too ambitious with gp2x's stick imho. It's not bad by any means but most aplications expect (and need) just pad with four switches. Thankfully this issue can be vastly improved using bias.

...and what about the sound for Nebulus?
Playing this game without sound is much less interesting....

Keep the good work anyway :p

I suggest to try Atari ST version of this game. Castaway for gp2x is almost complete and Nebulus is working just great. With sound too. :)

First of all.... it's not a pig! it's a....ehm, alien ??!?!

And i'm really sorry that there is no GP32 version :(
Well, i can still play the original using 'GP Frodo',
but this remake just looks really cool !!!

There is no gp32 version? I thought I remember playing it unemulated on my gp32 o_O Well well my memory is so leaky :D

Back