Need help with 2 apps with TV-Out.

ArcueidLover

Still Fresh
Greetings, recently purchased a Rebirth Pandora of my very own which I greatly enjoy and even more recently purchased a TV-Out cable to be able to play games on my TV - however while many apps/games work great two in particular have issues with the TV-Out feature.

1) PCSX-ReARMed.  It will display the menus on the TV with no problem but whenever loading a game, the audio will come through clear but no video displays - even though it'll still show on the Pandoras display.

2) UAE4ALL - when trying to load UAE4ALL 2.0 it just crashes right back to the menu - 1.0 loads but doesn't seem to accept any disks being inserted.

I've tried with two different models of Samsung Smart HDTV's with the same issues - is it the HDTV or something else?  I've seen others get PCSX-ReARMed working with TV-Out so I know it's possible - any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Try switching the overlay option in the tv-out menu for pcsx rearmed, not sure about the UAE though...

Thanks for the swift reply, changing the overlay worked fine, PCSX-ReARMed was displaying full video and audio perfectly. :D

Now just need to see if anyone can help with UAE or if that'll have to stick to being on the Pandora's screen alone for now.

Uae did work for me .. But I cant test right now as my homeade cable kinda quit..

So uae works fine without tv-out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, running it normally on the Pandora works without issue - I've played a multitude of games on emulated A500 and A1200 settings, but when the TV-Out is active, selecting UAE4ALL 2.0 causes it to just quit instantly to the menu.

Well I won't be able to help you with that right now but don't worry I'm sure a solution is on the way :)

Actually, Try using the overlay method as well..

if it works but there is no image hit the pandora button while the emu is running and switch back to main layer then go back into the emu...

Hey, it works!  I tried it after the PCSX test but it didn't seem to work, though it seemed it'd switched back to Main Layer during that - trying it again going straight into UAE after switching to overlay and it worked. :D

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. :)

If you have SuperZaxxon 1.53? and newer you can also toggle between HW layer and Main layer with F12 or FN + L (It's one of the two depending on when you patched). I wish it did, but this function only works with the Pandora keyboard and not an external keyboard..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back