Neogeo Emu On Wiz?

MasterTengu

Still Fresh
is anyone working on GnGeo for the wiz, there is a sourceFile already for the gp2x------ look hErE http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,1099

Pepone mentioned it but he bricked hiz Wiz and said he has no time to work on it :(

So I guess that means no for now. It is too bad as that was a good fullspeed emu on the GP2X that even played the large ROMs.

DaveC said:
Pepone mentioned it but he bricked hiz Wiz and said he has no time to work on it :(

So I guess that means no for now. It is too bad as that was a good fullspeed emu on the GP2X that even played the large ROMs.

This is a really bad news, as Gngeo was one of the best emus on gp2x...

Maybe "porting machine" Pickle could be interested in doing some works?

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
This probably should go in the GP2X forums but since it's being discussed, what romset does gngeo use? I got a GP2X to use "in the meantime" while I wait for neogeo and other emulators on the wiz, but I've having pretty uneven results. Is there a quick way to convert the current (for pc) mame set to be gngeo compatible?

Can't anybody port it?? i personally can't, but is it really that difficult? maybe i should set some price money for that emu :lol:

There is a NeoGeo emu already (In fact there are 3 now: NeogeoCD, Mame4all and FBA). It's FinalBurn Alpha and it's fast and compatible keeping in mind it's only an early version. There are speed problems with some very big ROMs (e.g. Metal Slug 3) but may games are running great already.

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
There is a NeoGeo emu already (In fact there are 3 now: NeogeoCD, Mame4all and FBA). It's FinalBurn Alpha and it's fast and compatible keeping in mind it's only an early version. There are speed problems with some very big ROMs (e.g. Metal Slug 3) but may games are running great already.

Regards,
Stephan

Sbock you're right, but Gngeo was nearly perfect, so it's a shame that anyone is interested in porting it...

it's not because nobody wants to do (I think Pepone has actually unbricked his Wiz), it's because there is some bug that only manifests on Wiz and nobody wants to spend time on it.

really disappointing that this bug exists..what does it do? notaz you think fba will run neo geo full-speed in the future?

Tunee said:
really disappointing that this bug exists..what does it do? notaz you think fba will run neo geo full-speed in the future?

If I understood the Wiz situation, i think that the answer of this question is NO.

It's strange, seems that nobody has interest in improving gp2x emus on wiz... Infact most of the emus are rough port from gp2x. Lack of interest? Lack of power?

:(

bah thats really disappointing, guess i'll have to get me a dingo. I'm so addicted to metal slug, and if this won't be playable full-speed in the future i should just buy that dingoo thing

Tunee said:
bah thats really disappointing, guess i'll have to get me a dingo. I'm so addicted to metal slug, and if this won't be playable full-speed in the future i should just buy that dingoo thing

Metal Slug 1+2 are fullspeed on the Wiz. FBA is an early alpha version, work in progress. Gngeo has a bug but that doesn't mean it never comes out. The Wiz is available for 3 month only, so I advise to relax...

notaz said:
it's not because nobody wants to do (I think Pepone has actually unbricked his Wiz), it's because there is some bug that only manifests on Wiz and nobody wants to spend time on it.
Howcome nobody wants to spend time on it? I remember in the "old days" a bug was a challenge and people would discuss how to fix it. Now days it seems the first roadblock to come and people just seem to throw up their hands and quit right away. I wonder what happened? Did too many just get used to the brute power of the Pandora maybe?

sbock said:
Tunee said:

Metal Slug 1+2 are fullspeed on the Wiz. FBA is an early alpha version, work in progress. Gngeo has a bug but that doesn't mean it never comes out. The Wiz is available for 3 month only, so I advise to relax...

It seems that many things are "early alpha" but never get past that stage. I guess it is good that I still have my GP2X, NeoGeo is good on that. I could never get NG games to work on FBA either, I just get some error. Maybe he ROM format is different? (that is so annoying that many games have like 5 ROM formats of the same damn game).

DaveC said:
notaz said:
Howcome nobody wants to spend time on it? I remember in the "old days" a bug was a challenge and people would discuss how to fix it. Now days it seems the first roadblock to come and people just seem to throw up their hands and quit right away. I wonder what happened? Did too many just get used to the brute power of the Pandora maybe?

sbock said:
Tunee said:

It seems that many things are "early alpha" but never get past that stage. I guess it is good that I still have my GP2X, NeoGeo is good on that. I could never get NG games to work on FBA either, I just get some error. Maybe he ROM format is different? (that is so annoying that many games have like 5 ROM formats of the same damn game).

why not port it your self? or you could just give dev time and be thankful for what has been done for free. the wiz still runs more then the dingoo

or just play shook tropers

@johnboyjr

Exactly. Interesting that some people compare the quality and quantity of the Wiz software libary (3 month out) with the GP2x one (over 3 years out). And some people seem to have no patience. We are here for joy and not on the run...

well youre right..all other emus run pretty great, time will tell about neogeo, just hope a decent one will pop up someday.

if you want some metal slug you can also try Metal Slug Advance gor gba seems to run full speed and is fun

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/metalslugcybermission/review.html

Tunee said:
yeah but no blood :(
No resolution either.

I guess it is FBA for now. Most stuff runs well, it just has horrible screen tearing in some games. Hopefully FBA will get Notaz's screen tear fix someday.

Back