Networking Unit To The Ext -port

Cheery

Still Fresh
Since there's no networking in the device itself, make it available with external device.

The device could have Bluetooth and WiFi, have it's own AA -battery to lessen the power load, and it's own EXT -port that you could stack another extension over the networking extension.

Then we would need a web browser and such (what can you think of?). It'd be a big thing to do but very nice thing as well since it'd move this device a bit further being a data processor instead of just a gaming machine.

For a start one could either of these or both:
  • make an EXT connector cable to connect two gp2x together
  • create small EXT-adapter to attach the unit through cable to the internet
What do you think? I think this would be the way to add networking. Even better than if it'd be inside the device itself since you don't necessarily need networking to enjoy from gp2x.

I don't know what you are planning. I think of gp2x as an one sort of hacker's toy gadget. Thing you are supposed to hack, add&remove&morph it until you can't recognise what it was but only it's achieved coolness factor.

Another cool thing I could think of would be a vibrator extension.

The fear in such things is that your favorite games can't exploit the extensions any way you put it. I wonder whether there would be a solution...

Back