New Gp32 Owner!

Bigjunior

Still Fresh
so I got my Blu from Kimo today... and now I'm just waiting for it to warm up to room temperature before I test it out.
DAMN YOU USPS!! waiting sucks!! why can't they have heated delivery trucks?!! and deliver the package to my door like Dominos pizza?!!!

it works!! AND the fw # apparently means I have the old samsung screen :D

If Samsung LCD => FW Version :1.6.6 (2003.5.21)

aaaaaaaand that's what I got. now I just need to buy a good smc card. I doubt the 8mb card Kimo gave me will get me very far (tho I'm quite thankful that he sent it to me!)

Heh...dont know where you read that, but i have 1.6.6 and I have the new LCD screen...chances are you do too.

it was from that guy who knows someone at GP... the guy with the monkey avatar. it's in the pinned discussion about bad Blu's.
anyways, I should look for an emu and find out for sure, eh?

BTW, I bought this used. and apparently the previous user received it around the end of October/beginning of November. As I recall, the "bad blu" posts didn't start till december.

Just tried CaveCopter, which was reported as having the line... works good for me
No line in Frodo either :) :) :)

As I said, this was a used unit, so apparently those few weeks apparently made all the difference.

Bigjunior posted on Dec 11 2004 at 08:41 PM said:
so I got my Blu from Kimo today... and now I'm just waiting for it to warm up to room temperature before I test it out.
DAMN YOU USPS!! waiting sucks!! why can't they have heated delivery trucks?!! and deliver the package to my door like Dominos pizza?!!!

it works!! AND the fw # apparently means I have the old samsung screen :D

If Samsung LCD => FW Version :1.6.6 (2003.5.21)

aaaaaaaand that's what I got. now I just need to buy a good smc card. I doubt the 8mb card Kimo gave me will get me very far (tho I'm quite thankful that he sent it to me!)

Congrats. If it wernt for this site i dont think gp32 would be so successful. Thank this site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Linkin is back under a new name. I guess banning is not real permanent ;)

"If Samsung LCD => FW Version :1.6.6 (2003.5.21) "

Yep, mine is that date too. No white bar problems here.

I guess those 2003 BLU's will have a very good resale value now. Not that I want to sell mine, not at all. But if GP is forced to use the new Taiwanese suppliers then new BLU's may never be able to run some older discontinued software properly. :( Sure, new/current stuff can eventually be updated to work, but so many GP32 emus and homebrew are no longer dev'd, and often no source code is available. :( Very unfortunate situation.

wolly_wotsit posted on Dec 12 2004 at 11:35 AM said:
so.... does this whiteline apply to all gp32s or just the BLUS

Just new GP32s are effected, which ARE all BLUs. They don't make any other kind anymore.

Goity posted on Dec 12 2004 at 12:53 PM said:
come on people, ban his IP

And ban possibly other users from the IP?

But as I recall, Linkinpark was real bastard, cussing, insulting, the works. This one seems to behave. So either it's different guy, or he has done some soulsearching, and redeemed himself. Everybody deserves a second chance, no?

Can't wait to join the ranks of new GP users :D Mine should show up at my door today or tommorow at the latest... MAN I can't wait and pleeeeeeez let mine not be one of 'dodgy' ones :unsure:

Back