Nintendo Switch

You want!??

• Total voters

If they'd give license fees back on Gold Point expiration, I'd be totally fine with them expiring GPs to their hearts' content. Or better yet, be done with that buffoonery and make the games cheaper accordingly.
As it is, they piss people off.

When I've bought an Assassin's Creed title from the eShop and then learned that I can only play this single player game using an Ubisoft account, I made Nintendo's customer service aware of this and asked them to please either make Ubisoft patch that mechanics away or undo my purchase. They basically told me to fuck off.

Gold points are too good too last.

Seriously though, why would such points expire? It seems to me that due to inflation, it would be good for them if customers cash in late. Those €30 are going to have less value the more time passes.

All companies go bad in the end.
We as customers are responsible for keeping that in check because we stand to benefit from it being kept in check and we decide which companies will thrive by voting with our wallets.

Points expiring does not make Nintendo bad. But the very thought of Nintendo not being a provider of pure joy is unsettling. All companies go bad in the end. Thanks to capitalism.
Not to start the capitalism discussion again, but I don't see how "an economic system based on the private ownership of the means of production and their operation for profit" makes Nintendo produce joyless games.
I don't see many communist countries with a focus on digital games or gaming in general. I like that it's possible for a one-man team to release a game. If anyone can produce a fun game that becomes popular, large companies need to compete.

There is also serious research on which a lot of, to my feeling, irritating gaming "features" are based. Like limiting the time a person can play, so they don't get bored of a game to quickly. And reward a player for returning to a game, sometimes with a certain interval (especially mobile games). All these features abuse players into raising performance indicators. Feels like a similar situation as click-bait titles that draw more clicks, but leave the consumer with a bad taste afterwards. But if these "features" are applied well it can make the ultimate game, like the latest Zelda title.
I also see similar behavior with (rock) bands, that have a rough sound but don't adhere to rules but just play things that sounds 'nice'. After a band exist for a longer period they get a more clean and more-well-mixed sound. After that a band can get into a cycle or re-producing the same sound or they become creative and can create something awesome.

Gold points are too good too last.
I always had the idea they tried to give early purchasers a gift but sometimes games get released late so they picked a time period that is 'fair'.

Nintendo will go bad once Shigeru Miyamoto steps down. He is Video Game Moses and everyone knows it but when he’s gone the board of directors will focus on whatever makes the stock go up and surely just rush out rehashed ideas, like everyone else.

In other news i did move back from Switch Oled last week to my Switch Lite, i dont know why but i prefer the much lighter Handheld Switch .. even though the right shoulderbutton seems to have some issues but i dont want to play Simulators on this thing anyway as they should be much better on Win Mini ...

Nintendo will go bad once Shigeru Miyamoto steps down. He is Video Game Moses and everyone knows it but when he’s gone the board of directors will focus on whatever makes the stock go up and surely just rush out rehashed ideas, like everyone else.
I own Nintendo stocks for 10 years and they made me some nice profit.
So let the stock go up ;P

Back