No Wifi, No Problem?

ethereal

Has anyone tried putting one of these or something like this on there pandora? It says it comes with custom software that will install the necessary drivers automatically, but that's probably just for windows. You just need to put your own sim card in it.

Maybe something like this could be help turn this thing into a working cellphone?

You guys ever hear about a product called the apple peal? It's a device that turns an ipod touch into an iphone allowing you to send and receive phonecalls and sms. You just need to insert your own sim card.

Do they make anything like the apple peel for a normal laptop?

There's a product coming on the market soon called overridelink this may be able to easily turn the pandora into a working cellphone via a usb device. The only problem is that it's not on the market yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm happy with my mobile phone, thanks a bunch!

lacking wifi, i plug my 3G modem

4939013686_b4c9d0dd21.jpg

Have you seen the usb modems that let you send and receive phone calls via your sim card not skype?

Has anyone gotten that to work with pandora?

Hmm I smell a skype phone idea... Looking at the specs it has an internal mic so in theory it could be done, where is the mic located in the Pandora? I'm now having dreams of answering my ringing pandora, te he he!

I think I'll investigate these UK orange dongles/Wi-fi in advance. My (batch 2) Pandora isn't with me yet, but I could use Wi-fi with my AI Touch Book in the mean time.

I'm currently on PAYG and am happy not to upgrade my phone to a fancy one. Is anyone else here in a similar situation?

My 3G modem broadband plan only allows me internet connection and sms (windows only), so i couldn't test calling features (maybe wammu/gammu has to be ported firstly)

I did some shopping around and they definitely make USB 3g modems you stick your sim card in that send and receive phone calls too. There actually really cheap, you can pick one up for less then $50USD.

I just want to see on in action on a pandora.

Back