Nokia N810 For £129.99, N900 Coming Soon?

WoD

Website
www.gadgetoid.com
Having tried a Nokia N810 for review and loved both the console and community, I've been keeping a beady eye on the rapidly dropping price hoping to justify it to my other, more frugal half.

Anyway, to the point, Expansys have the Nokia N810 for £129.99 at the moment [aff], which is good if you can find one of their usual discount vouchers floating about.

The steadily dropping price probably signifies the coming of a new N-series, the N900, at least it's not doing anything to slow the rumor mill, anyway! This makes me a little wary about snapping one up, but the wait for the Pandora makes the gadget lust unbearable.

Edit: ooo, I just checked Play.com who were previously listing at £159.99, they've matched the price and it's delivered free. Bargain! (Expansys fail!)

Excellent, I've been looking for something to keep my girlfriend away from my laptop. Do you know if this has MSN messenger? (A killer app for her...)

Nova said:
Excellent, I've been looking for something to keep my girlfriend away from my laptop. Do you know if this has MSN messenger? (A killer app for her...)

You could use the web version for it, but I would guess that it does include a form of instant messaging.

EDIT:

Just checked here are the specs.

Mozilla based browser with Flash 9
Internet calling with webcam
Instant Messaging
Email
Map with navigation option
Media player
Photo Viewer
RSS feed reader
Input methods: HW qwerty, Full-screen finger keyboard, on-screen keyboard and handwriting recognition
Display functions: Zooming, full-screen and panning
Supported file formats: Video: 3GP, AVI, H.263, MPEG-1, MPEG-4, RV (RealVideo), WMV, H.264
Image: BMP, GIF, ICO, JPE, JPEG, PNG, TIF/TIFF, SVG, Tiny, WBMP
Audio: AAC, AMR, AWB, M4A, MP2, MP3, RA (RealAudio), WAV, WMA (streaming)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:

There's a version of Pidgin available for it, works great. I used it on my N800 for ages. That should cover pretty much any messaging service she'll want to use, though I'm not sure if the N8x0 version of Pidgin has Facebook Chat. Not sure if that's important to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back