Not all Pandora LCD are born equal?

Hồng Thất Công

Đả Cẩu Bổng Pháp
I bought my 1GHz Pandora almost a year ago, but I've rarely used the touch screen on that thing because the touch is not good at all.  I had to really stab the damn screen for it to recognize the touch.  So I thought well that's how it is for the LCD on all the Pandoras.  But then I saw this trade here where the seller posted a video showing how he touched the screen and how responsive it was.  I said to myself, wow that's really nice screen, I want something like that for my GHz.  So I've been sleepless for many nights thinking should I trade one of my brand new, sealed-in-box NVidia Shields for a Rebirth Pandora?  Well at the end I went for it!  The seller went to my house.  I gave him the Shield.  He gave me his Rebirth.  He then left.  I then ran inside, disassembled the thing and replaced my GHz board.  After that my the pleasure I had with my Pandora has jump ten-fold.  The new screen is just fantastic.  So responsive and so accurate that it just blew my mind how the hell my other screen can't do anything close to this.  I hardly used any force, just a gentle and nice touch and the input registered.  So my question is how come not all Pandora LCD are made equal?  How can I tell if purchase another screen that it would be like the Rebirth I traded my Shield for?

Last edited by a moderator:
As i know, there's 3 generations:

Matte, finger touch

Matte, stylus or nail "only"

Gloss, finger

I don't know about the broken and the last shipment.

Thanks,  I think the one on the Rebirth I traded for is of "Matte" type (not sure which one of the Mattes though), because my other screen is glossy.

The one on my black rebirth can be used without problems even with my fingers with great precision, the one on my 1Ghz instead can be used almost only with the stylus because I just can "click" with fingers (if I press harder), anyway I can't drag with them.

Another difference is that I always have to clean the 1Ghz display because the footprints are very visible. Anyway the stylus seems to be more precise there.

Never had a problem with my 1ghz but I still do not use the touch screen much anyhow....except for a some games like Kami Retro and Fruit Ninja which work fine.

Last edited:
Back