Obscure Question.

alyinsanfran

Website
Visit site
How about a decent *sailing* game?
Back in the dim dark recesses of my mind (the parts Absolut Mandarinand Herradura Silver haven't found and violated yet) I seem to remember a few coming out in the early 80's.
I think there was one for the C64 that was fairly decent (not graphically, but a good simulation of the strategy).
Any takers?

What was that sailing game on the Play Station, It was out in the very early stages of it life. It had full 3d rendered graphics with very large sprites/models, And you controlled this sailing ship and went from port to port (for what reason, Can`t recall). But as you move faster the screen would zoom out.

Ill have a look.

Edit: Found it.

It was actually Overboard or Shipwreakers!.

shot1big.gif

This would be cool. But i can dream. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Hi Aly,

It's not a sailing game in the way you mean, but Typhoon Thompson: Search for the Sea Child is based out in the ocean and if it runs in Castaway ok may quench your thirst for water based action. There may be a c64 version one day too...

Otherwise, I can't for the life of me think of a single sailing game on any platform....

wub.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this:

Pirates Gold! For Genesis.

... well, you do sail in it ...

There's Sailing by Activision for the Spectrum

Sailing.gif

You can get it from World Of Spectrum

Thinking about this game also reminded me of Surfchamp which included a mini surf board to put over the spectrum keys!!!!!!!

news3.jpg

I wonder if you could use that on the GP32 :lol:

Adios,
Matt

Cool, American Challenge is the one I was thinking of. I played this a hell of a lot back in the day.
With those other games now I'm set for sailing. Thanks guys!
Building up a collection of different sports is kind of fun, they each have their own balance of strategy/reflex/luck.

Time to hunt down Sensible Jai Alai and Dino Dini's International Shinty Simulator....

trooper posted on Mar 24 2005 at 12:01 AM said:
What was that sailing game on the Play Station, It was out in the very early stages of it life. It had full 3d rendered graphics with very large sprites/models, And you controlled this sailing ship and went from port to port (for what reason, Can`t recall). But as you move faster the screen would zoom out.

Ill have a look.

Edit: Found it.

It was actually Overboard or Shipwreakers!.

shot1big.gif

This would be cool. But i can dream. :rolleyes:

Trooper
It was made by Psygnosis. Good for an hour, than just gets boring. Nice graphics though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back