OpenGL ES Test application

ThomasSeban

Still Fresh
Hi,

i have written a small application with my opengl es 1.1 framework, can someone have a look on it, please. You can walk arround with pad keys and exit the application with escape.

In this application i render 1000 cubes, a big plane and a skydome. At moment wrong texture colors displayed, i have to check this. I got around 15 FPS on 600MHz Pandora, not enough, but drawing is not optimized at moment.

The next is writting an isometric scene, where an actor is running around and simple collision checking.

Thomas

glesskydome.zip

Attachments

• glesskydome.zip
    268.9 KB · Views: 154
Last edited by a moderator:
Can you tell us what kind of feedback you are looking for? Do you just want general impressions or are you looking to learn anything specific?

- Neelix

Only if it is running on other pandoras than mine. It is a first test, that the program is running without any requirements.

Thomas

PS: Meanwhile i have correct color displaying and a little speed boost around 30% by drawing cubes with optimized vertex arrays. And walking around in first person view.

Seems to work just fine on my rebirth edition unit. (running at SuperZaxxon 1.52 upgraded. CPU Speed: 850MHZ)

When looking across the dome from one edge to the other, a yellow circle appears, which I assume means the dome diameter is longer than the render distance...

- Neelix

Thanks for response, i have uploaded a new version into first post, now with corrected color, first person view and faster. Older Version has 15 FPS, now 22 FPS.

You are right with yellow background, thanks for reason hint.

Thomas

Thanks for response, i have uploaded a new version into first post, now with corrected color, first person view and faster. Older Version has 15 FPS, now 22 FPS. 
I couldn't find the FPS indicator with the first version as I loaded it from thunar, but I loaded the second version via the terminal, and it reported 30 FPS @ 850 MHZ.

Not sure what you mean by first person view in this context, the first version already had that and I couldn't determine a difference in the view for the second one.

- Neelix

I just got a 404.  Now it works however.  Strange.

Back