Openpandora On Pandora?

schnitzelboy

Hey i was wandering, do you think you could port OpenPandora onto the Pandora (in case you don't know what that is, its a program made for windows that grabs music from the Pandora radio service)
I think it would be really cool to have this because the service is free, and it might be a way to pull people into buying a Pandora. Well, maybe only complete Pandora radio fans, but still....

openpandora website said:
Requires Internet Explorer 5.5 (or later) and .NET Framework 1.1
Also, I think Pandora is only legally available to U.S. users.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus 2 totally unreleated products called Pandora in 1 space may cause confusion and possible legal issues too.

donny662 said:
Also, I think Pandora is only legally available to U.S. users.
yes you're right ...

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

We believe that you are in France (your IP address appears to be 90.XXX.XXX.XXX). If you believe we have made a mistake, we apologize and ask that you please contact us at pandora-support@pandora.com

:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last.fm is OK, but without Pandora I wouldn't have known what kind of music I like. Last.fm doesn't seem to adjust and flex as nicely as Pandora does, although Last.fm does bring more of the social aspect (which I find worthless to be honest) and a little more choice (though that is also worthless if you don't have many artists/albums/tracks to choose from to begin with).

In fact, I and two friends used to listen to the same music, but now we all listen to radically different stuff because we've discovered new music through Pandora.

Back