Os Based On Playstation Home

TheLonelyGod

Still Fresh
I was wondering how feasible it would be to make the os somewhat like playstation home. In that sense i mean that you boot up the Pandora and you see your avatar representation guy.

Now you have doors which would represent folders. Lets say our guy, walks into the music door. He could go up to an mp3 player and then Pandora would zoom in and go into mp3 mode. He could go thru the games door and go pick up a ds and the screen would zoom into it and you'd be emulating the ds. This could also go to solve the screen stretching issues because it have the ds outline. (I just picked the ds as an example don't turn this into a debate about weather we can emulate the ds or not)

Of course we could always make a wifi server for that and you could walk into a room with other people and hang out and chat with Pandora owners in a 3d space.

I guess thats sorta second life ish though.

and yes I understand that this would take a hell of time to code if it was feasible and wouldn't look near the quality of ps home. A 2d model would work though. Think Pokemon. (hey Pokemon is in the spell checker for Firefox but not Playstation. . . )

This would be a great UI..... for the first time someone used the device. Hence forth, it will be tedious and boring.

I think people want an online 3d world to chat in as much as they wanted Sims Online.

Chip said:
The last time somebody tried to do the "file system = architecture" thing, we got Microsoft BOB. Lets not over think the UI, OK?

Actually, they made a follow-up program that was pretty cool. I used it when I was a little kid, can't remember the name, though.

If done right, this could be sort of neat. Kind of pointless, though...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just wondering... why? It'll make everything take much longer and more fiddly to do choose programs.

I guess it's a cool widget to show off to friends, but in that case why not make it into a sort of Little Computer People type game, where the LCP can use certain programs/games on the Pandora? If you don't play enough, he gets grumpy and surly, he responds differently to different types of music, he can get smarter by using office apps, etc.

GunPei2X said:
he can get smarter by using office apps, etc.
He gets smarter by playing video games.

Take that Jack Tompson. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nearly every PS3 owner has criticised PS Home since launch and now we have a brand new version with just as many issues as the original!

Back