Other Consoles Should Not Be On Front Page

Personally, I don't mind one way or the other, but I can see the point with no problem. In an ideal world, by default, the other consoles forum wouldn't be included on the frontpage - but there would be a way to change which forums were within personal settings (some of the DS threads are interesting, after all, even if there are a thousand and one too many).

However, falling short of that utopia, yeah, I agree; other consoles doesn't really have a position on the front page.

While there has been a trend for Toxibunny and I to agree on most things... this time I have to disagree... respectfully.

The front page at least should be pure gp32.

We are all gamers and most of us play more than just our gp32's so it is good that we can bond as a group in other sections to discuss other topics that interest us.

It is a good thing the other consoles section exists, otherwise ds and psp stuff would keep getting posted in the gp32 section out of frustration...

It seems to me though that having seperat areas for these consoles is pointless if they are going to be thrown in with gp32 stuff right on the front page.

Personally... I like to come on here in the morning and read the front page first... then through out the day check out the sites innards. When i check the front page i really only want to see gp32 news and requests. If ds, psp or zodiac interested me I'm pretty much a web expert so I think I can find that sort of thing...

For me seeing ds items on the front page is like getting spam in my mailbox and while I can ignore it... it does take up space that gp32 topics could use.

in conclusion, I feel the other consoles section is useful in the site but not on the front page.

thank you for reading all that.

What gets to me about the front page is the lack of updates to the download section on the right hand side, as per a previous thread of mine about the Amstrad CPC here

When i first visited gp32x this was one of the *first* things I looked at as it was a listing of almost everything that has been achieved for the system so far, right on the front page! It doesn't make sense to me that that list is not updated. In my opinion, being on the front page makes it the biggest hook to new potential GP32 users.

P.s. Thanks for dropping the other console links hando!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hwrd...
That user was making a simple suggestion about what they thought might be a useful addition to the site... as you can see by the fact that other consoles is now not listed on the front page, the admins do listen to our suggestions, so I'm not sure your comments are either fair or justified...

done! no other console topics on front page.

thanks hando thats probably the most significant thing i've helped get done around here :lol:

anyways thanks again for listening to our suggestions

worldwriter posted on Dec 3 2004 at 05:48 PM said:
Hwrd...
That user was making a simple suggestion about what they thought might be a useful addition to the site... as you can see by the fact that other consoles is now not listed on the front page, the admins do listen to our suggestions, so I'm not sure your comments are either fair or justified...

Thank you worldwriter, like you said making a simple suggestion is indeed all i was doing, and hwrd, for the record i don't think the site needs redesigned in the slightest, and if it was within my ability i would quite happily administer that small section on the front page to keep it up to date. I love the gp32 scene and only want to see it do as well as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back