Outcast (castaway Module) - Third Alpha

I'm loving this emulator, its acting as a bridge for DOS games I have on the PC that will likely not be emulated anytime soon.
Is there a list of which games work/mostly/barely/etc... in the Dev wiki yet? I didn't see one. Or are we waiting until this officially out of Alpha before this is done?

I'ved tried loads of Games on this and most (if not all) seem to work. Its a great EMU hard to believe its just in the ALPHA stage.

If you would like i can build up a list of which games i'ved check and rank the emulation on these and any problems i've found.

I just tried outcast with TV out and this is what it looked like... sorry no real pic.

The red rectangle is the TVs viewable area and the green square is outcast's display.

Besides that it is working pretty nicely. Better than DrMDx or Vice. But not as good as the neogeo emulator which is perfect. (wth tv-out that is) ;)

PAL display btw :)

I'm loving this emulator, its acting as a bridge for DOS games I have on the PC that will likely not be emulated anytime soon.

It will show eventually, don't worry about it. Just don't expect anything faster than 386.

Is there a list of which games work/mostly/barely/etc... in the Dev wiki yet? I didn't see one. Or are we waiting until this officially out of Alpha before this is done?

The ones using the famous "SyncScrolling", Spectrum512 a la tricks and some other forms of abusing a hardware don't work now. The raster effects are almost alright now. And there is only low-res supported apparently - some games are using mid-res too so they will not work obviously.

So no EnchantedLand and LethalXcess for now.
(and hardware abominations like some demos with smooth parallax/dual playfields scroling, all border removal and other craziness :) )

I'ved tried loads of Games on this and most (if not all) seem to work. Its a great EMU hard to believe its just in the ALPHA stage.

If you would like i can build up a list of which games i'ved check and rank the emulation on these and any problems i've found.

Most of software works ok. Castaway is almost perfect for what it's doing. The supported titles list would be very long. It'd better to do a list just with troublesome games.

I just tried outcast with TV out and this is what it looked like... sorry no real pic.

The red rectangle is the TVs viewable area and the green square is outcast's display.

Besides that it is working pretty nicely. Better than DrMDx or Vice. But not as good as the neogeo emulator which is perfect. (wth tv-out that is) ;)

PAL display btw :)

So assume that TV issue is fixable as other aplication could use it without problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to get a TV-out and see how it goes; not sure how to do a good job at that whole mess yet :)

I need to investigate some bluryness going on; ie: Time Bandits looks great, but the main character 'blurs out' while in motion; this doesn't occur in my other builds (GP32, PSP, Palm, Windows, etc) so I imagine its not an emulation issue per se. hmm..

Medium res is now supported; go see 004 :)

jeff

Back