Release Pandora-Acm : Multiplayer Flight Simulator For Pandora V0.5

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
pandora-acm-snap.jpg

Hi all,

ACM Simulation Engine is a LAN-oriented multiplayer aerial combat simulation developped
a long time ago by Riley Rainey for Unix/SunOS.

Here is a port on Pandora of my "custom version of ACM" i've ported and modified
for linux ten years ago.

Changelog :
- Add position of other players/drones
- Add message logs (missile, drone, aircraft crash ...)
- Redo all design to fit Pandora Screen
- Add pandora keys (see README-pandora.txt for keys binding)
- PND Package

This version have been tested with another client running on a linux host on
the same local area network. I've tested with both wired and wireless pandora
network connection.

My linux version is also provided if you want to enjoy the multiplayer mode
using a PC with a linux distro.

ACM on my blog

This package is distributed under the GNU license. Have a look to the COPYING file for details.

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,37,180

Enjoy,

Zx.

sweet, another multi-player LAN game. The more the merrier. Thanks for this zx-81, your a machine. This looks cool, it reminds me of the oldschool ms flight sim games, Can't wait to give this one a go.

This runs so beautifully, I'll have some questions and more comments after work. Thanks zx. :)

Tip for those who want quick action: Press 4 for full throttle, L to launch AI opponents and Space to fire. (Do read the readme too, though. It's short and sweet.)

MonkeyChops said:
sweet, another multi-player LAN game. The more the merrier. Thanks for this zx-81, your a machine. This looks cool, it reminds me of the oldschool ms flight sim games, Can't wait to give this one a go.

I played this game on Sun Sparc Station in 1998, we spent hours with friends at university to fight each other. I've modified it a bit to display the position of opponents (not to loose to much time to find each others) and to display all NDIS events (missile launched, plane crashed etc ...)

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds really fun, is there a way to make custom planes or levels like for msfs?

MonkeyChops said:
sounds really fun, is there a way to make custom planes or levels like for msfs?

Yes, for sure. You may modify existing plane, add your own etc ... everything is in the object folder. The inventory file list the planes that are available.
You may also need to modify my simple acm shell script to add your planes in the list on startup.

You've got to be kidding me :blink:
I've been looking for a multi-player dog fighting game for over 5 years with no result, how the hell did I miss this one??

Waiting for my Pandora to come has now officially become torture. Cheers for the port ZX :(

Tripmonkey_uk said:
You've got to be kidding me :blink:
I've been looking for a multi-player dog fighting game for over 5 years with no result, how the hell did I miss this one??

Waiting for my Pandora to come has now officially become torture. Cheers for the port ZX :(

You can use the linux version on a PC ... just to have an idea. Graphics are really old-school, but the gameplay is there and it's really fun with friends.

@torpor: i haven't tried myself, you're a lucky man if you have two pandoras in your area :D

I'll give it a shot on my PC later today.

Sounds like this game would be a good candidate for a 2010 revamp. On-line multi-player would be a good addition seeing as though most people don't have two Pandora's like Torpor. What language is it written in? I'm guessing C :(

Tripmonkey_uk said:
I'll give it a shot on my PC later today.

Sounds like this game would be a good candidate for a 2010 revamp. On-line multi-player would be a good addition seeing as though most people don't have two Pandora's like Torpor. What language is it written in? I'm guessing C :(

it's in C langage, but you can play this game only on a LAN (with a specific protocol, based on a kind of IP broadcast)

Back