Pandora Pandora Network

Rayek

Recovering Sega Addict
A few years ago I had an idea about Netplay with emulators, that if there was a way to connect with other players, somehow, in a central location, that there could be a community of gamers playing retro games with their emulators over the internet with each other...

The Pandora has Wifi, which initially sparks the idea of having two people in a room together, battling Golden Axe style, but what about a global network of Pandora users, who connect through a chat program on the Pandora to connect with each other to play these games over the internet?

I don't know much about programming, but I do believe that something like this is entirely possible. Perhaps a program for the Pandora that initializes netplay...

And if implemented well, this idea could lead to a globally networked base of Pandora users, who could share data as well. Basically, the Internet, but narrowed to Pandora users...

Well, I'd be assuming it would be similar to the normal netplay functions of an emulator, but something a bit more centralized, with one center program accessing and initializing the emulators from the 'chat' interface... Kind of like kaillera, but not emulator-specific.

That is not crazy, but do you know what is? Reading.

readingxj5.jpg

Back