Pandora Pandora Toolchain Installer

Cpasjuste

Here is a simple script i made to be able to download and install a pandora toolchain.

It will download and install the "Sourcery G++ Lite 2007q3-51 for ARM GNU/Linux" toolchain, and some basic pandora libraries compiled by notaz (including SDL) for linux users (i386, intel and amd processors).

I did it because i had to install the toolchain on many computers, so it's easier to do.
I think it could also be usefull for people to test theire projects compilation.

It can be downloaded here : http://mydedibox.fr/_stuff/pandora/toolchain.sh

Please note that it's not an official pandora toolchain, and it's not the one we will use in the future.

benjymous said:
Will those same libs work with the windows version of codesourcery too?

Btw, is there a particular reason to target the 2007q3 version?
From notaz :
CODE
2008q3 is newest and is supposed to have better Cortex support, but it
produces bad code for some applications (but might be good enough for things
like emus). Stable version is 2007q3

For the libs, i do not see why they would not work with the windows version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used the script, works fine, thanks!
However, I modified it to not require root installation, I just installed it in a pandora/sdk dir in $HOME, set the paths accordingly, and everything's pretty fine. My laptop is single-user anyway.

This probably is a stupid question, but how to compile apps using OpenGL ES 2.0 API for pandora? The pandora library package didn't come with anything GLES related (I can download the include files from khronos but afaik there is no OpenGL ES 2.0 library available for pandora yet).

So is there a way to compile OpenGL ES 2.0 apps for pandora at this point? Did I miss something obvious?

benjymous said:
Will those same libs work with the windows version of codesourcery too?
I'd be getting the same Windows version as that...

Btw, is there a particular reason to target the 2007q3 version?

Heh... Other versions were producing bad code for a hobby. This should get you started while the "official" stuff gets fully sorted out.

centralnoise said:
This probably is a stupid question, but how to compile apps using OpenGL ES 2.0 API for pandora? The pandora library package didn't come with anything GLES related (I can download the include files from khronos but afaik there is no OpenGL ES 2.0 library available for pandora yet).
There actually is a lib, but it's not all there yet. Keep in mind, anything that Beagleboard has we can either have or already have. Beagleboard's demoed some 3D stuff... ;)

A bit of patience is probably in order for the ES side of things- unless you've got a dev board, a Beagleboard, or a TI EVM board, you're not going to have much use in being able to compile for Pandora past making sure it compiles. For that, you can just as easily as not do something in Linux or Windows under Cygwin. If you do that, get the OpenGL ES 2.0 "emulator" (really just a wrapper shell and headers...) from Imagination and go from there.

So is there a way to compile OpenGL ES 2.0 apps for pandora at this point? Did I miss something obvious?

No, you didn't miss anything obvious. There's stuff in progress right now on that front (incl. SDL support using it the RIGHT way...) but it's not gelled yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'v just uploaded a new version, there was a little bug that prevented some libs to be installed.

Back