Pandora-ubuntu Size/space Question

Prometheus

I've been preparing my SD Cards for the Pandora of late, and having a lot of fun with it, but I have a question about something.

I recall Craig saying the following in another post, not massively long ago;

craigix said:
We will have Ubuntu in a download SD form for those of you who want to skip straight to that kind of set up, but a lot of GP2X'ers will want a more simple solution so they can max the performance, which gmenu should provide.
I was just wondering, does anyone know (or can give an educated guess) how much space this downloadable Ubuntu SD image (I presume it's an image?) might take up once written to a card? I ask mainly out of curiousity (obviously it's in no way an urgent or massively important question - it's just a "nice-to-know"), but also because it would be cool to know beforehand so I can either put an existing card aside for use with it (I intend to use it to separate work-ish stuff from leisure-ish stuff :p), or purchase an extra one if none of my spares are large enough in capacity.

I did do a search (with the forum's search facility and Google's site-search thing) and couldn't seem to find an answer, so I hope no-one minds me posting this up. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:
I've been preparing my SD Cards for the Pandora of late, and having a lot of fun with it, but I have a question about something.

I recall Craig saying the following in another post, not massively long ago;

craigix said:
We will have Ubuntu in a download SD form for those of you who want to skip straight to that kind of set up, but a lot of GP2X'ers will want a more simple solution so they can max the performance, which gmenu should provide.
I was just wondering, does anyone know (or can give an educated guess) how much space this downloadable Ubuntu SD image (I presume it's an image?) might take up once written to a card? I ask mainly out of curiousity (obviously it's in no way an urgent or massively important question - it's just a "nice-to-know"), but also because it would be cool to know beforehand so I can either put an existing card aside for use with it (I intend to use it to separate work-ish stuff from leisure-ish stuff :p), or purchase an extra one if none of my spares are large enough in capacity.

I did do a search (with the forum's search facility and Google's site-search thing) and couldn't seem to find an answer, so I hope no-one minds me posting this up. :p

http://mojo.handhelds.org/frisky-armv6el-vfp
is the official page for the version notaz used, or at least the people who made it, if thats any help.
more info: http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardHandheldsMojo#Status

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have thought of that. :lol: Thanks much - that should shed light on it.

Back