Pandora unable to un-suspend some times, have you had this too?

FBnil

They'll own everything and be miserable.
Hello fellow pandorians,

I have the following problem with my O.P.:

1. Shutdown and start works ok

2. When suspending however, if no application is running it will not unsuspend afterwards. However, if an app is running and I suspend the Pandora, it will unsuspend.

3. If frozen, the pnd+switch hard restart works, however, the mouse will be in joystick mode, for some reason (even if default is not).

3. If I leave it idle for a while, the screen goes blank, and after that, the video will not come back (the green light stays on, but plugging in the charger will not make the red light go on).

4. The 1100Mhz I had it running now freezes the machine, I can do 1055Mhz, but I now just run it on 1000Mhz just to be save.

Stuff I tried:

1. Switching batteries.

2. Flashing with latest, and then also upgraded the os (flashed 2 times)

3. Notaz overclock test to see if the CPU is ok, it actually does all I want it to, so yes.

4. running it without battery, just charger.

So my guess is that when you suspend from idle it goes into a deeper sleep mode then when a pnd is running.

It happened the day after I left the pandora in the car (its summer, and gets pretty hot inside the car, however, it was in the shade at all times)

Any ideas of other tests I could perform?

Edit:

addendum for idle mode is that with or without charger, I give a hard reset (pandora key + switch) will show the logo, then go back, only after the second hard reset it shows the logo, then the bootscreen and boots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you clarify what you mean by suspend? AFAIK, the pandora doesn't do suspend as I'd call it. The switch right kind of thing is actually two different things depending if it's on charge or not - a low clock mode if on charge, or something more like sleep mode if on battery only.

3a: What does pnd+switch mean? If you mean Pandora button+switch right that should be a hard reset, so should reconfigure your nubs as you require regardless of the app settings, so presumably it's not that.

3b: Define leaving it idle for 'a while'. If the screensaver has kicked in, keyboard activity will wake it up. If it's run out of battery then it may not show the charging light correctly - that's controlled entirely in software, so if it's not able to boot fully, it won't show the light (and also I've had situations where if it's booted up from charger, the light doesn't come on until I unplug and re-plug-in, but it is still charging).

Thanks Levi,

With Suspend I mean low power mode. (125Mhz with SIGSTOPped applications).

note: If I put the CPU manually to 125Mhz it still runs stable (although slow)

3a. pnd+switch = Pandora button+switch

3b. Yes, screensaver kicks in. However, keyboard, mouse, plugging in the charger or usb does not wake it up. And flicking the switch to suspend(=lowpower) it will not even dim the green light.

I think we had this before because of wrong OPPs being set (especially that you say 1100Mhz is no longer stable, 1GHz pandora I assume?), try removing battery for 5 minutes (maybe 10 to be sure) while not plugged to anything to fully reset the power management chip.

Hi Notaz, thanks for taking your time into checking this.

Nope, kept the battery out for 4 hours. I still have the same symptoms.

Anyway, when shutting down just before it goes blank and dead, it prints this dmesg as the first line (had to use a videocam to record it, the blink is too short to read):

[07.590709] Could not enter target state in pm_suspend

Which is very similar to this:

http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2012-February/048903.html

So my workaround will be aplay of a wav in op_power.sh just before suspending... will test that out....

Back