Pandora won't charge

emcee

I know I've seen this problem posted before, but now I can't seem to come up with the right search term to find it.

I got a new Pandora today to replace my unit with a broken nub (which I eventually intend to sell). The trouble is, my new Pandora won't charge its battery. I plug it in and it just ignores it. No red light, and the battery life remaining doesn't change to 00:00, instead it just keeps slowly ticking down as if it's not plugged in at all.

It's not the battery. My other Pandora charges the battery just fine. But the new Pandora won't charge either battery. And it's not the cord, as it works fine on my other Pandora, and my new Pandora runs fine from AC without a battery. So I tried charging from USB. That doesn't work either.

I've also tried padding the battery compartment out on each side of the battery and on top. Nope.

Any ideas?

>> and my new Pandora runs fine from AC without a battery. So I tried charging from USB. That doesn't work either.

I don't think it has something to do with that. Is it possible, that there is a hardware-fault that prevents the unit from charging?

Well, I guess I better start the RMA process. On the up side, OPT should pay the return shipping since I also have to send back three iCPs. There's nothing wrong with them, I just didn't order them.

Back